Followers

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

You're an AMAZING DAD!

Hi all.
     I know it's not quite that time yet, but I was busy working on cards this weekend so I thought I should get a couple of my Father's Day cards done early this year.  lol... Only one week early, but for me that's early.  heehee...
     I also decided that it would be a perfect fit for this week's Farm Fresh challenge over on The Greeting Farm blog.  The challenge is to make a masculine card.  :O)  I decided to kill two birds with one stone. 
     I just happen to have a wonderful Dad!  Not too long ago he finally retired from the Air Force as a Master Sargent, so I pick up Soldier Ian and put him into his camouflage uniform as it really reminds me of  my Dad.  (It was super fun to make my own colors, I didn't have to blend a thing.)
    My Dad did wear dress blues from time to time, but most of the time when he was working on the weekend out at the sight he wore his fatigues.  When I was about 14 my Dad asked me to go goose hungting with him.  I did, and I am not embassed as all to say that the first time we went together I really did not know what I was looking for.  lol.. I had never seen a Canadian Goose in my life up until that point.  From there of out, we always went hunting together and I even got my own set of fatigues to wear and stay warm in.  I love my Dad very much and the title stamp 'You're an Amazing DAD' is the perfect fit for him.  I could go on and on about all the things that I have done with my Dad, and what it all means to me, but I am sure you have other blogs to check out today, so I will wish you a wonder Wednesday and talk at you tomorrow.
Hugs, Lisa G




Supplies:
stamps-Soldier Ian-TGF & Inkadinkado
cs-kraft-paper studio & Neenah
dp-Hooked on fishing-The Paper Loft
computer font - Candara @ 16 & 20
gems-Studio 12
Spellbinders-classic rectangles-lg
hem cord-crafters square
Copic Markers:
skin-E50-E51-E53
hair-W10-W8-W6
camouflage-YG99-YG97-YG95-YG93-YG91-E42-E44
boots-E44-YG95
ammo-C5-YG91-Y28
misc-W5-W3-W0

3 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

I love this stamp. You did a great job of camouflaging him up! Super card, your dad will love it!

I was on a mission last weekend to finish every father's day card I needed to make, I'm usually working on that stuff the day before! lol!

Amanda R said...

Great card Lisa and your Dad sounds like a wonderful guy too! I only went hunting with my dad once (for deer) and when I heard the deer coming (that my dad was herding my way) I started to sing real loud and ran home cause I didn't want to shoot it! Needless to say that was our one and only trip...

Amy said...

Gotta love it when you have that perfect stamp to represent such wonderful memories of those you love, which in turn makes for the perfect card for them. This turned out really fantastic Lisa! :)