Followers

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Trying New Things...

Hi guys,



     I am so happy to be able to share a few cards with you this week, but first I want to ask you all a couple of questions.  The first question is kind of a beginners kind of question, but one I still want to ask anyway.  :O)  When you guys post your cards on your blogs or even post videos on YouTube do you go back and delete them off of your computers?  The seconds question is about my blog posts themselves.  I am wondering if you prefer my posts to be just about my cards and the products that I use,  or if you guys are ok with how I have always posted?   You know talking about family and work and whatnot....  Just curious.  Let me know if you will.  Thanks in advance.  .
     So, just in case you would prefer I just get on with it I will get started with my card that I have for today.  I have been watching YouTube videos and seeing all the new trends that everyone is into as well as seeing different ways you can use your die cut words.  Well, of course I have really wanted to try a few of these ideas out and the first one I had to try was cutting out a word die and then gluing four or five of the same die cut together to make is really have some height to it.  I then used my Glossy Accents on top on the word to make it shine all the more and really make it the focal point of my card.  Well, I have to tell....It is So Much Fun and I just LOVE how it turned out with really no work at all.
     Once I had my word cut out and put together I decided to use some yellow design paper with it and keep it a very simple color combo. Because I had cut out my word in the black I felt that yellow would really make it shine all the more and then of course you just have to have a little white in there as well.   You can tell that I finally was able to get my hands on the Lawn Fawn Stitched Journeling card die too.
     We took the M&Ms on a short trip a week or so ago and while we were in a town that had both Michaels and JoAnns we took a little detour for me. (I am sorry to add at this point, that both stores really had very little to offer, so I think I will stick with my online shopping and not worry about making that hour or so drive. )    Thankfully,  Crafter's  Warehouse was having a great sale on Lawn Fawn dies, so I did pick up the 'hello'die and the 'Journeling card' die.  It was such a good sale, that I was able to get them both together for less than just one of them would have cost me to buy online.   Yay!!!  That doesn't happen too often for me.  :O)
       It turns out that I really love that stitched look, so don't be too surprised when you see a few more cards with it being used along the way.  lol... I also had a lot of fun pulling out some products that I have had in my stash for at least 5 years or more.  :O)
     Ok, I am going to head off  to bed now,  as I want to get up early tomorrow and get some more cards made up to share.  I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday, and I will talk at you all later.
Hugs Lisa G







Supplies:
stamps-lol-HeroArts
cs-Neenah smooth solor white 110lb & Licorice Twist-Bazzill
dp-Kraft in Color-Color-doodlebug design, inc.
dies-scripty Hello & Journeling Card-LF
enamels dots-The Sweetest Thing-Honey "Love"-MME & beetle black assort.-doodlebug design,inc.
home made enamel dots (two black)-pearlier beads-Crafter's Warehouse
black metal accents/Fasteners-Scrapworks 2007
Glossy Accents-Ranger
ink-Onyx Black-Verafine

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

You can chat about anything you like Lisa..I love chit chat...and I never delete anything..I forget to..lol..love your card..love the black and yellow and love to see you in blogland agsin.[If you did the pop up box with comment moderdation or whatever it is called I wouldn't have to struggle with these mixed up words..lol..I feel dyslexic sometimes..lol..

luv CHRISSYxx

luv CHRISSYxx

gobeagirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chrissy said...

Ahhh..that is better ..lol..some of those words make me wonder if I am blind or something and at least with this pop box DT's will comment and so many more..you can delete the ones you dont want or even add them as spam and they wont come back..I never get spam anymore...and if the blighters do sneak through...well..I just hit DELETE and say "take that you ...spammers you"..
I'm supposed to be at work but just sneaked home as I finished early and checked my blog before lunch[monday here]...but off now to my Ladies...thanks awfully for your comments Lisa..love it when you visit.

luv CHRISSYxx

Amy said...

Awesome card and awesome deals too... you gotta love when that happens! I've not seen that technique with the word dies and I'm totally diggin' how it looks, thanks for sharing and inspiring!

As for your two questions, yes I do delete cards off my computer, usually every six months or so. And I would miss it if you didn't chit chat about the fam and all your going ons here on the blog. :)