Followers

Monday, September 29, 2014

Inspiration Blog Hop

Hi guys,
   This post is going to be a little different from my usual posts.  My friend form YouTube asked me if I would like to be a part of this weekly blog hop.  Every Monday there is a host of inspirational bloggers taking part and answering questions.
     I was honoreded that Steph ask if I would participate, so of course I said yes.  I am having to  schedule it, so I hope that's ok Steph. :0).  Have to work in the morning and I just know I won't have time if I wait until then.  lol...
      So, let's get to the questions:

See clean and simple..



1.What am I working on?
     Well, if you could see my desk at the moment you would think I was working on making a huge mess, and succeeding quite well at it.  However at this time I am actualing working on getting all of my red rubber stamps from The Greeting Farm organized.  I just love them, but my storage for them is a little crazy, so I have written the names of each stamp on the back with Sharpie so that I can know at a glance what stamp I have used and from what set (if any) it comes from.  It looks a mess at this moment, but I am getting happier by the minute.


2.How does my work differ from others in my genre?
      Well, I didn't know I had a specific 'genre', but I would say my cards differ in the way that they always turn out looking.  I don't seem to see it, but I have been told that my cards always come out so clean and specific looking.  It is meant as a compliment, and I take it as one.  I love how everyone can do shabby chic and grunge, but for me I tend to like this on the more simple side of things and of course I always like the clean and simple as well.  I don't try for it as much as it just ends up looking that way.  There is the small thing of enamel dots as well.  Yes, I am horribly addicted to them.  You might have noticed over the last 4 or 5 months that most of my cards have them on it.  I love them, and I don't see me not using them for some time to come.  (What is not to LOVE?)


3.Why do I create what I do?
     I think I really already answered this in number two, but I think I create what I do, because it makes me happy.  For me all of the cards I make are an expression of myself and a way for me to relax and just enjoy a little me time.


4.How does my creative process work?
      I love to try out different things, but over all I just want to have fun and when I come across a stamp that I love I have a great time with it.  One of my favorite things to do in stamping is to use a head from one stamp and swap it with a body from another stamp within the collection.  To me it is just so much fun and it's a lot like when I was little and we played paper dolls.  Only this time I get to decide what color their hair is, what color their eyes are and what color of clothes they get to wear.  I have also found lately that I have really gotten into using photopolymer sentiment stamps and switching them up between companies to say what I need. Truly, I have become addicted to this.
     When I am working on a specific card and I know I am going to use an image/character  I always start with the skin then do the hair finishing off with the eyes.  I know not everyone does this the same way, but for me this works.  I also more times than not,  always pick the papers after I have finished with my image or character.  I know it would be easier to pick my papers first, but I just don't function that way.  :O). 
    Ok, now comes the fun part for me.  I get to nominate two crafty ladies to play along with this.  I am picking these two ladies, not in the order of their talent, but in the order of how I met each one of them.  I am sure you all know them already, but I would love to hear/read their answers to these questions.  I am sure that you all will agree that these ladies are some of the most talented people out there. So....


     #1 Amy R
     #2 Rachel P


     Thanks Steph for asking me to play along.  I had a great time doing this and I am so looking forward to seeing everyone else's answers as well.   Thanks everyone for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed this and I hope that you head on over to both Amy and Chrissy's blogs to give them some love as well.
     Talk to you later.
Hugs, Lisa G

No comments: