Followers

Thursday, August 18, 2011

THIRD GRADE...




Good morning all. 
     Yes,  it's  already Thursday!  Can you believe how fast this week is going?  It just amazes me sometimes. lol...   I am enjoying this summer and really wish that my kids didn't have to head back to school yet.  Next Monday and Tuesday is registration already. :O(  The days are wonderfully hot still, but the nights are getting cooler and that makes the pool's tempature really drop.  Yes, I am complaining.  I love Fall, but it takes me a couple of weeks to actually admit to myself that it is getting closer and very fast as well. 
    Ok I will stop my complaining and  get to my card for today. This one is for my friend to send to her Granddaughter that is starting 3rd Grade very soon.  I had purchased some tags that had an apple on it with the word grade.  I knew right away that this little Miss Monday/Wednesday Creeper from The Greeting Farm was going to enjoy getting dressed up and head off to school.  heehee...
    I really had a great time making this card.  I even pulled out one of my Cuttlebug embossing folders to add some depth into the whole card.  I then grabbed the Oxford paper pad by BasicGrey.  It works so well for school related cards.  I just love it.  I pulled one of the papers that look like ruled paper and  fussy cut some of the fun pencils and pens from a different sheet from the same pad so that it could decorate the inside. 
    I hope you like.  I think it turned out really cute.  I had better get myself in gear.  The earlier I get there the earlier I can come home.  lol... Have a great day all.  I will talk at you tomorrow. 
Hugs, Lisa G

6 comments:

Amy said...

This is so cute Lisa! I love your Creeper, she's all dressed for that first day but I don't know if she is that excited to be going back! ;)
The night's definitely have that fall feel to them, I guess we'll just have to really enjoy the summer days we do have left! You know we never got over 100 degrees this summer, totally not our usual weather.
Hope your day is quick and you enjoy the weekend!

Pam Varnell said...

So cute Lisa. Perfect for a school card.

I totally agree about the pool water. Still in the mid 90's here during the day but getting down in the 60's at night. Water has already gotten too cold for me. Brrrr.... I am looking forward to the beautiful fall colors though.

Have a great day. Hugs,
Pam

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is darling, Lisa! I hear ya- the pool IS getting colder here too, I noticed the night before lat when we took the kids for a quick swim after dinner. Summer needs to stay!

Sharon said...

Awww too cute. I love the shoes on this stamp. That little girl will love it!

Chrissy said...

Very cute card Lisa..I'm sure the little girl will love the card...but not so much having to go back to school.We have our big school break from Dec. through to Feb, as they are our hot months..hot months...are they ever going to come...still freezing at the moment,icy winds and rain..brr.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Leanne said...

Hi Lisa!
I saw your card in the TGF galleria last night! It's super cute and very fun. Love the combo of Monday and Wednesday and the fussy cut images are so cool on the inside. You did a fantastic job on the card.
Yes, I can feel the change in the weather at night as well. Getting cooler earlier, no bueno. Me want summer to stay!!
Have a great Thursday!
Hugs,