Followers

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Monday Fun Day... Love You Lots...


 Happy Monday everyone.
     I hope that you all had a great weekend and that your week is off to a great start.  We had a very exciting weekend here at the Gobea house.  Between having a new kitten decide that we are the neighborhood foster house, Nerf Wars inside the house with the M&Ms and my Mom and Dad and getting to go for two short walks due to great weather I have to say that I really really had a super fast but awesome  weekend.  Oh and did I mention that we picked up 'Breaking Dawn' and bought some movie theater popcorn to go with it.  I love family movie night and of course it doesn't hurt that it was a movie that I hadn't gotten to see in the theater, so I was very exciting to finally get the chance to watch it.   As most of you already know I love to spend time with my family even if it is the simplest of things I am usually a very happy girl.  :O)
     Ok, as it is already Monday and for some of you guys Tuesday I will get right to it.  Today on the Farm Fresh Challenge Blog we are on our 20th Monday Fun Day and with Valentine's Day just around the corner we would like for you to pull out that Red and Pink and use that Valentine's Day / Love at your inspiration for your cards or projects this week.  If you haven't already hit the FFF challenge blog be sure to head over and see what the rest of the ladies how brewed up for this Holiday of Love inspired Challenge. 
     When I got to thinking about my very last Valentine for this year I remembered that little WS-Stella is my all time Favorite WS and she just happens to have her sweetheart's card in her hands ready to take to him come Tuesday evening when they head out for a great Surf & Turf dinner followed by a little dancing to top off their romantic night.  lol... 
     As I have been trying to find that 'specific' color of skin (getting tired of my go to combo for all my skin) and hair combo lately I decided to try this skin tone that my friend AmyR has been using on her videos lately.  You can check out her blog here, and even watch her video series on her Valentine cards that she has made.  I even used this color combo of AmyR's for Stella's brown hair, and I am not ashamed to say that I am very satisfied with how it came out.  I put together AmyR's colors and AmyY's technique of working the pens little by little to get that perfect result. However I also have to admit as well that with the way that AmyY drew this adorable Wild Sprout for the Greeting Farm her hair is a great style to practice with.  Thanks AmyY and AmyR.   lol... I always get a lot of inspiration from you both.  FYI, there is no picture of the inside of this card because when I was making the front of it and then stamped the little hearts on the corners I didn't bother to check which way I had the card opening and it is upside down.  Ggrrrr.  I didn't want to take the chance that I would ruin the whole thing, so I waited until after I had taken my photos to fix it.  I also forgot to take a picture of my Copics as well due to being upset with myself.  lol....Oh the problems we have, so so sad. lol
     Have a great day everyone.  Hope you all enjoy this challenge as it really was a fun one to put together.  Talk at you later.
Hugs, Lisa G

Supplies:
stamp-WS-Stella by AmyY-TGF & sentiment-Inkadinkado
cs-Neenah & Pure Poppy-PTI
dp-Be Mine-Echo Park paper co.    
felt hearts-Scrapbook etc.
label punch-ek success
Spellbinders-standard circles small
Stickles-diamond
Copic Markers:
skin-E50-E01-E13-R20
hair-E29-E27-E25-E23
eyes-E87-E84
dress & misc-R46-W1-W0

7 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

Stella looks great! She is one of my favs too. Hope you enjoyed Breaking Dawn, I thought it was pretty darn good! I'm off to play with this pink/red challenge!

Amanda R said...

Very pretty Lisa, I love how you stamped the extra hearts in the corner, such a nice touch!

Sugar Cards said...

I have a blog award I want to share with you!!! I think you totally deserve it =)
http://sugarcards.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-blog-award.html

Grandma Bonnie said...

Lisa, did you figure out how to fix your card? I would've just cut the front off and adhered it to another card base...I didn't notice if you said how you did her eyes...they are so unique...i've been noticing them, but i just looked at them close up.

mousekemom said...

Lisa, I love love love your card! Stella is fab.

I nominated you for a blog award! Visit my blog and see the details...love ya!

Denice said...

Great card, Stella is one of my favorties! The hearts on the side are the perfect touch.
Grrrr....I would have done the same thing and had the card open the wrong way too, lol!
:Dxx

Amy said...

Stella looks amazing Lisa and I love all the hearts on here, it's the perfect loverly Valentine!
I know the feeling of having to try new color combos and it can be a great inspiration! Ah, mistakes...they are always going to happen so I try to turn them into 'happy accidents' though sometimes there is just no saving it! LOL!
Your weekend sounded like too much fun and Casper the perfect addition to it! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!