Followers

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Monday Fun Day - Fairy-Tale Inspired....

Good morning. 
     It is once again that special time of the week all of us over on the Farm Fresh Challenge blog like to  call Monday Fun Day!   If you haven't played with us before all you have to do is use the theme that we pick and get coloring.   This week we have decided that we would love to see how you can use your Greeting Farm stamps to make up a card or project using a Fairy Tale Inspired Theme. 
     I used some of my older stamps sets. The first one is the 'Signature set' and  I decided to go with an Alice in Wonderland Theme.  This set comes with Alice, Dorothy from 'the Wizard of Oz' and 'Little Red Riding Hood'.  Then I pulled out the McSplendid Farm stamp set as the cat reminded me so much of the Cheshire Cat.  I know he had a very BIG/FULL tail, but by the time I thought about that I had already done most of my card and just didn't want to redo it.  Who knows, I just might have to take care of that sometime this week.  lol.... Anyway, moving right along I don't recall ever really seeing this movie or for that matter reading it.  I do however remember seeing the one scene where the Cat all of a sudden appears in a tree.  So because I had this really cool looking tree and a cat that would work really well with Alice this is what I decided on.  I did have a great time playing with this however and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.  Be sure to head over to the Farm Fresh Challenge blog and see what the rest of the DT ladies have come up with.   They are all so great and it really makes me think "Why didn't I think of that one?"  lol... Oh well gives me some great ideas, and that's what it's all about.


Sorry for the fuzzy picture. He didn't want to hold stil. lol...


       I hope that you all had a great weekend.  We had sunshine the whole weekend through, but Saturday the wind blew so hard it kept making my wind chime hit the front window of our house.  The chime are over 5 feet long and made to sound like Church bells, but when it is that windy it worries me to hear them.  Sunday was fantastic and you could not have asked for a better day.  I worked on some DT cards and we even managed a walk halfway through the day.  It was warm enough that about two blocks from home I had to take my jacket off and tie it around my waste.  Yay! I hope that Spring isn't just playing with us.  It felt so good to breath in air that didn't burn from being so cold.  lol... I'm not in anyway complaining what with all the bad tornadoes over the last two day all around.  I grew up in Atlanta for a while and we had a tornado go right by our house.  To this day and we are talking over 30 years ago I just hate to see anything about them.  It is one of the most scary feelings in the world and my heart goes out to all those people affected by it. 
     Wow didn't mean to get that deep, but I truly hope that everyone is ok and having a fantastic start to their week. I am heading to be as I do work in the morning and 5:30am gets here real quick. lol..
Hugs, Lisa G

Supplies:
stamps-Signature, Happy Chef & McSplendid-TGF & digi Tree-Tiddly Inks
computer font-Pristina @20
cs-Neenah & AC Cardstock
dp-Londonerry-Prima
Memento Inks-Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart, London Fog & Tuxedo Black
Seam Binding- Jodi's Etsy Shop (Thanks Jodi, I am so coming back for more!)
gems-Teresa Collins
tiny Attacher-Tim Holtz-Ranger - Amy (I couldn't help myself, I loved how you used yours.  You are so my enabaler. lol...)
Copic Markers:
Alice
skin-E51-E50-R20
hair-E50-E51-E53-YR30
dress-B0000-B000-B00
apron-white Gelly Roll-med-Sakura
Cheshire Cat-V17-V04-0
tree-E89-E87-E84-E81
inside of card & cake-E87-E84-V04-V17-R20-Y19

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Alice in Wonderland card Lisa, love the tree, and the sky, fab colouring, and Alice is so cute.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

This is SO adorable and SO very Alice! I love everything about your card, it's perfect :)

Rachel Parys said...

That is super cute! I wish I had those girls! Awesome card!

Amy said...

Very cute and clever card Lisa, love how you made the Cheshire Cat for Alice! Love the tag and tiny staples on it! Glad I could help you spend your crafty dollars! ;)
Hope you had a fantastic day!

Amanda R said...

Soooo cute Lisa! Love the paper piecing on your tree, it looks amazing! I love my wind chimes too but my husband would be more than happy to get rid of them, crazy man!