Followers

Monday, September 24, 2012

It's Your Day...

Hi guys. 
     Can you believe it?  Two posts in one week...  I know I'm in shock myself.  lol...
I have been making a few cards lately and just waiting to share them after the recipients have gotten them.  Today's card is one of those that I made special.  
     My baby Brother turned 39 on September 13th this year and I really wanted to make him a special card. 
    We all know how hard it can be to come up with a guy card, so I started looking through a couple of my card magazines when I ran across and article in CardMaker's magazine (July 2012 issue) about great ways of using your Washi tape.  I don't have that many Washi tapes and most are darker colors, but it got me thinking that it would be perfect for a guy kind of card. 
     One of the cards in the article was designed by Michelle Woerner, and I just really liked the style of it.   Her card is just so pretty and full of wonderfully bright summer colors. I desided that with my darker Washi tape it would be perfect for a guy card.  I was able to  pull out a few of  my sentiments stamps, a little bit of manly blue bling and Tada !    :O)  I have to say that I am very happy with how it turned out.  Can you believe that I didn't use one Copic on it and absolutely no design paper?  I KNOW!   Right?    lol...
     So guys that's my card share for today.  I am off to bed as it will be yet another early morning for the whole family.  Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone.  Talk at you later.
Happy Birthday Rick!  (I did wish him a Happy Birthday on his Birthday just in case you are wondering.  I'm a good older sister.  lol )
Hugs, Lisa G





7 comments:

Chrissy said...

Wow!! Lisa, this is so effective...fabulous card, love the bling too and the sentiment..awesome card.
[I'm jumping for joy like a mexican jumping bean]..lol..

Luv CHRISSYx

Rachel Parys said...

OMG Lisa! I am totally trying this!! I tend to hoard my tape. I think I have 12 rolls of it just sitting there staring at me...this is an awesome idea! Thanks for the inspiration! Perfect card for a guy!

Amanda R said...

Wow, look how far behind I am, 3 posts and I haven't commented on any. This is an awesome guy card and a great way to use up that tape, I have a few rolls at home, might have to try this out!

bunga said...

cards for men to touch a bit stiff but still nice and simple, it is enough to congratulate

Anonymous said...

Good post. I be taught something more difficult on totally different blogs everyday. It is going to always be stimulating to read content material from different writers and observe slightly something from their store. I'd prefer to use some with the content material on my blog whether you don't mind. Natually I'll provide you with a hyperlink on your internet blog. Thanks for sharing.
Welcome to my blog [url=http://www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com/]www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com[/url].

~Tammy~ said...

This turned out great! Isn't Washi Tape fun! Such a great guy card! I totally need to buy more "guy" colors in my tape to work with because it makes for great cards for guys.

This totally rocks!

Heidi H said...

Wow!!! Fabulous card and love the tape!! Thank you also for your sweet comments on my lawnscaping blog hop post. Really made my day!