Followers

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Ho Ho Ho Santa's on his way...

Hi guys,
     I hope that so far you are all having a great weekend.  We have actually gotten a little of the white stuff today and so far  it is still coming down very lightly.  We were also able to get our tree up today mostly thanks to Madison.  She has really been very much a part of putting our tree together now for the last couple of years.  :O) 
     When I was a kid it was my Dad's job to put up the tree (real or fake) and then string the lights.  After that us kids would hang the ornaments and then get to put a little tinsel on it.  After we were done and had gone to bed Mom would redo the tinsel to make it look good as she has always been a tinsel fiend.  lol
     I only mention that as since Jerry and I have been married I got away with the (5 boxes) of tinsel the first year only if I would agree to try it without the stuff the following year.  Needless to say we haven't bought a box of tinsel in over 20 years and I am sorry Mom, but I don't miss it at all.  I love being able to see our lights and all the special ornaments that we have collected as a family.  I also mentioned the lights as after that first year when I made Jerry string them that too was the last time that happened.  lol.... Jerry just likes to look at the finish project and has never really been a part of helping us to put it together.   Even when the kids were one and two they would help me put the whole thing together.  Only at that time they would watch Mickey's Magical Christmas while I did most of it.  That's ok as the three of us  have our routine and we listen to Christmas songs now while we do it.  I think that now I am finally in the mood for Christmas thanks to the snow and the pretty little tree. 
     So in honor of the big guy ( Santa, not Jerry) I felt that today would be a great time to share my Santa Claus card that I made last weekend completely out of Spellbinders and Cherry Lynn designs dies.  I was watching some Youtube last weekend when I was making my cards and I ran across this really cute idea.  You can see the video here and see that once again I tried it and put a few of my own twists on it. 
     Sorry to say it is a hard card to photograph, but I am sure you'll get the idea of it.  I for one an very happy with how Old St. Nick turned out and I know exactly who I am going to be sending him to. 
     So have a wonderful Sunday everyone.  I hope that no matter where you are that you are all having a great time with your friend or families. 
Talk at you all tomorrow. 
Hugs, Lisa G













Supplies:
stamps-Ornate ornament-LF
cs-Neenah, AC Cardstock, Sweet Blush & Pure Poppy-PTI
pearls-black-Basics by Kaisercraft
gems-12 days of Christmas-MME 2011
frosted lace-Stickles-Ranger
Glossy Accents
liquid applique-Marvy Uchida
Inks-angel pink & northern pine-Memento
dies-Spellbinders-Circle small, 2012 Heirloom Ornament & B184 Holly Corner-Cherry Lynn Designs
Copics-G28-G29

8 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

How cool is that!! I love how this turned out Lisa, it's so festive! I love the trim on his hat too, so life-like! Great job my friend!

Chrissy said...

He is too cute lisa, love his shiney nose and his hat fluff..awesome...my tail is running faster than me this weekend and last week, and had a devil of a time catching it..so hopefully this week will be a bit quieter..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

Hello Lisa
Thank you for your lovely comment on my card and for becoming my newest follower. It's nice to 'meet' another black cat lover. Saying that, our other is a Persian, he is sort of chocolate colour, and we love him just as much!
We put our tree up yesterday. My children did most of it themselves this year and we also had the Christmas songs playing in the background!
I love your Santa card, he looks so jolly and the fur effect on his hat looks fabulous.
Hugs Sue

Mary J said...

Oh I love this Lisa! So much fun and love the hat trim!

Mary J said...

And wanted to say thanks for your very sweet comment on my blog today! And I love my Lab too - and we have another one too, just haven't had a good enough photo of the four of us to replace my profile piccie, lol!

I hope to see a lot more of you - I have put you on my blog roll call to keep an eye on you!!

Mary x

Amanda R said...

This is sweet Lisa! How creative to use nothing but diecuts to make a card. Sometimes I am just too lazy to haul all that stuff out so I am super impressed you cut so many. I have never used tinsel, always afraid the fur babies will eat it! and Joe doesn't do much xmas decorating wise either, maybe hang some outside lights or carry up some boxes but that is the extent of it. Oh well. Should have known that when he wore a "bah humbug" hat the first year we were together!

Amy said...

Very cool looking Santa Lisa, he's exactly how I envision him! I may not like to drive in the snow but I will admit it does make Christmas merry!
My Grandma always has tinsel on her tree but my Mom was like you and put it on once and then never again. So I am a no tinsel girl too!
Hope you have wonderful week!

Denice said...

How adorable is the big guy here!! he'd make a great ornament!

U r so sweet...thnx for leaving such a nice comment on my blog. We r all busy, u don't have to explain anything. The day is going to come where I can't get around to commenting so often...but it doesn't mean we won't be thinking of each other.
:Dxx