Followers

Monday, December 17, 2012

Warm Wishes

Hi guys,
     I can't believe that it is already the Monday before Christmas.  This year and this month have gone by so fast it is truly amazing to me.  When I started to write up today's post I got to thinking about how many  packages I still need to take to the post office and how many cards I still need to finish and mail as well.  I am one of those people that likes to get where we need to be early and for the most part I like to have everything done way before it is time.  However this Christmas is not even coming close to that.  I have yet to even purchase one Christmas gift for the M&Ms, and like I mentioned yesterday we just now got our tree put up.  I am not going to panic however as I know it will all come together. : O)  The best part is I will be off this year for the first week of the kids' holiday vacation and for me that is the BEST gift I will ever get.
     Ok enough about that, let's get to today's card.  I am going to share my little horror story with you all so that maybe I can safe someone from the trauma that I had last Monday.  lol.... I had colored up this adorable Winter Wryn and Snowman digi that I had purchased from Tiddly Ink stamps.  I had even tried out a new hair color that my wonderful friend Amy Young had done a YouTube video on. You can check our her awesome video here.   It is a lighter blond colored hair and I always end up making it darker than she does, but this time I felt like I had nailed it. You all know how that goes.  So anyway, I didn't want to rush into how I wanted to arrange the card as I wanted it perfect so I left everything on my desktop (like I have done a million times before) so that I could come back to it when the inspiration hit me. 
     Every morning part of my routine is to sit at my desk and do my makeup.  Monday was no exception, except that I wanted a can of ice cold diet coke.  It was to be my coffee for the morning. lol..  (I am sure you know where this is headed.)  Anyway, Jerry gave me the pop and I took a drink,  sat it down and finished up my makeup.  After blow drying my hair I went back to my desk to check  my emails and some of my favorite blogs. I looked down and OMG, the condensation from the pop can had touched my colored image.  Now I know that this is not in anyway a true tragedy what with everything that is going on in the world, but at the time I was so  bummed that I could be so stupid and let this happen.  lol... Needless to say it took me a whole week before I even considered recoloring my masterpiece.  :O)  I have to say that the second time around is not in my opinion as good as the original, but I do love how my card came out and I love how the gem swirl looks to me like it is snow blowing in the wind.  I hope you all enjoy my little tale of woe.  I know it is not for the faint of heart. lol.  If you have all your shopping done, I am jelly and it not I feel for you and I am sure I will be out there soon trying to get it all done.  Until then have a great day and I will talk at you tomorrow. 
Hugs, Lisa G




Supplies:
stamps-Winter Wryn & Snowman-Tiddly Winks, Keep Cozy-TGF & Winter Fox, Ornate Ornaments-LF
cs-Neenah & Scarlet Jewel-PTI
dp-Wonder-Authentique-I Love this paper pad!
gems-Zva Creative.com
Spellbinders-Labels Twenty eight-altered & Ribbon banners
Inks-Chestnut roan-Colorbox & Tuxedo Black-Memento
Copic Markers:
skin-E50-E51-E53-R20
hair-Y11-Y23-YR02-E33-E50
hat & dress-R37-E25
tights & scarf-YG97-YG95
shoes-E79-E77-W4-W1
Snowman's hat-110-T9-T7
nose-YR07
Snowman & snow-B0000-B000-0



                                  WARNING!!!

This next picture is not for the faint of heart. Look at your own risk.  lol


Yes, this is the original image that as you can see was terribly disfigured from my need for an ice cold out of the freezer Diet Coke...

6 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

Bummer!! I don't trust myself with drinks on my craft table! lol!

Absolutely adorable finished product!! Love it!

Sue said...

Oh dear, that was a shame but your colouring is wonderful on the second one, I especially like her hair colour. I love that cute image and the papers and layout are fabulous

Hugs Sue

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, fantastic colouring, love the bling too..and such a shame about the smudge, I've done that with chocolate on my fingers, and wet stickles..grrr..onto the last week,stay calm...and I forgot to order my chocolate sponges for the Gateau, so last minute dash today as they need to freeze before I build them..eeekk..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mary J said...

Oh, I've done that so many times with my glass of wine, lol!!! But what an amazing card, Lisa! Love love!!

Denice said...

Wryn is adorable in both pictures, even if she is fuzzy in a few places.
Just so you know, I'd be panicking if I still had as much to do as you...and knowing my kiddos would be home while I was trying to get it done?!! NO WAY! They'd be right behind me looking and peeking into everything....and they're in their late teens. LOL!
You need a cozy cup holder for your crafting table!
:Dxx

Amanda R said...

Well I don't know what you did the first time but I think this is gorgeous! Love the deep red and the swirl at the bottom, I think this is in my top five from you. And go you for redoing it, I might have stuck a big flower there and called it a day!