Followers

Saturday, November 15, 2014

A simple card without any stamps!

Hi guys!




     I hope you are all having a great weekend.  Sorry that I didn't get back to my blog until today. It was a very busy week for me, and this is the first moment I have had to sit down at my desk.  :O)
     So, first of all  I have some awesome news to share.  I just found out that I won the FFF Challenge over on The Greeting Farm blog from last week and I am SO HAPPY!  I had a great time making that card and even though I know it is picked by random I am still happy to know that I will be getting a brand new Greeting Farm stamp!  You all know that is my favorite company for red rubber stamps and since I haven't been able to spend a lot on crafty stuff lately that makes it all the better.  lol...
     I also found out the the local 'Made in our town store' would like for me to sell my cards there.   I am wondering what you guys would do.  They will let me price my cards how I think they should be priced and I also get to set them up for display as well as package them how I see fit.  The thing is, they will take 35% from each card they sell.  What do you think?  If it were your cards, would you do it?  Is that a fair price, and what do you sell your cards for?   I would greatly appreciate any and all comments or advice you can give me on this.
      Ok, let's get to my card for today.  Last week I decided to make this card to show that not only can you use what you have, you can also make some pretty nice looking cards without using a single stamp.  That also brings me to my friend on YouTube "Hi Carole", she is One Happy Crafty Chic on YouTube and she made some adorable cards using her scraps.  Yes, it can be done.  Check out Carol and her channel here.  I know you will enjoy her.
     Well Carole, here is my card made from Scraps. You can not believe how long I have had these leftover pieces from this paper pad.  lol... I did put in a little bit more time on this, but only because I wanted to use Glossy Accents on it and of course I had to wait for it to dry.  heehee
     So, if your in a pinch and you just know you have to have that new stamp set to make that perfect card. Remember chances are really good that you already own something just as cute. So, be sure to check out your scrap bin.  You just might remember all those wonderful papers that you already loved and still have a bit of.
     Thanks everyone for all your sweet comments.  It always makes my day.
Talk at you later.
Hugs Lisa G


The bottom of the bulbs are shinny from the Glossy Accents, but for some reason the shine looks weird in my picture.  Sorry!

Sentiment cut from the paper pad. Makes my life easier. 

In person the Christmas Ornaments match the cardstock perfectly.
I think my flash played tricks on the colors. :O(...

I used my score board to make the lines in the
top part of the hangers to make it look more textured.
So much fun to do. 















Supplies:
stamps-NONE!!!
cs-Scarlet Jewel-PTI
dp-25 Days of Christmas 2011-Simple Stories
dies-ornaments4christmas-TSOL-You could use a circle punch or die to get the same effect!
twine-bits & pieces from stash
pearl dots-stash
ink-Chestnut Roan-Colorbox
Wink of Stella-clear
Glossy Accents-Ranger

 

4 comments:

Carol Maitoza said...

That turned out beautiful! Isn't it fun to use up your scraps AND make something gorgeous? Great job, Lisa! And thanks for the shout out, too!
~~Carol =)

Chrissy said...

Stunning Lisa..I love the papers and the colours on the baubles..beautiful.
We have a shop like that over here and it is okay..but we also have to pay $30 year to join and it's 70/30 to us..so a slightly better deal in a way. The $30 yearly helps lead people to you for personalised cards and I have several customers from the shop now.

luv CHRISSYxx

Anita said...

Lisa, this is gorgeous both inside and out. Love the shine on the ornaments.
You asked me about the gingerbread stamps on my blog - they are made in the USA of high quality photopolymer. Hope that answers your question. Congratulations on your FFF win!!!

Denice said...

LOL, I made something over the weekend that didn't have any stamping on it...quick and easy and it still looked nice. Way to use what you have and still make a fantastic looking card. Glad you're back blogging. :D