Followers

Monday, April 2, 2012

happy Easter...

Good Morning. 
    
     I'm not really sure how I want to start off this morning as this is my first post that I am not making up a Monday Fun Day card for the Farm Fresh Challenge Blog.  You can be sure that as soon as I see what the new DT has come up with I will be making cards to play along with The Greeting Farm stamps though. lol..  Just can't stop using my favorite stamps,  now can I?  
     I have been playing around this weekend howeve.  I found some awesome stamps that I just know I am going to love to color.  They are from Saturated Canary, by Krista Smith.  OMWord, I love them... She does such wonderful digi's with awesome faces and eyes.  My very very talented friend Angela, (who is unexpectedly expecting. Congrats my friend!) made a great card last week where she used one of their images and I just could not help myself.  I just had to purchase a couple. bahaha..   You all know how much I love to color faces and hair and I am always practicing.  Well,  I have to admit to you that I am very very proud with how this image turned out.  I Love her eyes, her hair and even her skin tone.   I even went so far as to try my hand at making a shaded nose were there wasn't one.  lol..  I'm telling you, Ijust couldn't  help myself.  I also tried a new way to put a little blue in the background that I watched AmyR do using the new Tim Holtz pens.  I found that it worked really well with my Copics...I love how this card came out, and the good news is that I made this card for my friend to give to her Granddaughter so I am hoping she is going to like it just as much. 
     Ok, well it would seem that I figured out a way to start off today's post after all.  hehee  We had rain and some pretty strong winds all weekend, so we didn't even get one walk in.  I won't fret however as I am sure that before we know it we'll have to be up and out the door before 5am to get our walks in before the heat sets in.  lol... In the mean time we are all ready to go and have our Ipods all loaded.  heehee
     Ok guys, I am off to get ready for work.  Jerry and the kids are all off this week, but you know someone has to support my crafting habit, so it might as well be me.  lol... Have a wonderful day and I will talk at you tomorrow. 
Hugs, Lisa G




Sorry about the yellowish lighting on this photo.  I had to take some pictures in a makeshift lightbox
as Boo decided she was going to spend her recovery time in my usual one.  Boo however is doing
just great.  :O)

Supplies:stamps-Duck, Duck, Goose-Saturated Canary & CC Designs -Spring kit-ATS
cs-Neenah & Bassill
dp-hello Spring-doodlebug design inc.
seam binding-Jodi
Spellbinders-Labels Seventeen
pearls-Kaisercraft
inks-Memento ink-Tuxedo Black, Cantaloupe, Angel Pink, Summer Sky & Pear Tart
Copic Markers:
skin-E50-E51-E53-E95-R20
lips-R20-R21
eyes-YG97-YG95-YG93-YG91
hair-YR0000-Y23-Y32-YR23
shirt-RV55
jeans & hair bow-B52-0
shoes-E44-E43-E42-E41
Goose-Y38-Y18-B0000-E55
cracked egg-V12-V17-BG02-Y17-Y13
grass-YG03-YG17-YG67

7 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

Uh oh, you're in trouble now Lisa! These stamps will suck you right in! lol!

She is too cute! Great Easter card! I am trying to finish up some Easter stuff early this week. (fingers crossed!) Can't wait to see your next SC!!!

Chrissy said...

Oh! Lisa, she is gorgeous, love the colours and those eyes...just too cute...beautiful card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Amanda R said...

You always color the most expressive eyes, gorgeously done. And I love the colors you used in her hair, need to write that combo down! Hope Boo is doing better too.

Amy said...

She's beautiful Lisa and your coloring is truly amazing! I don't know how your friend's granddaughter couldn't LOVE it!
I'm glad Boo is doing well!

Leanne said...

Hi Lisa!
Yes, welcome to the SC band wagon! This is a wonderful card and I agree with Amy, don't see how she canNOT love it. The colors are so soft and pretty and the papers you paired up are perfect. Gorgeous job hon!
Have a great week and stay cool.

Denice said...

What a super sweet card Lisa, love the image and your coloring! I'm going to miss your cards on FFC blog, but you know I'll be popping in and out of your lbog!
Take care,
:Dxx

Angela said...

oh this is too cute Lisa. I love Krista's images and you have colored her perfectly. I hope you are doing well. I am feeling a little better each day, but I still fight with my Canadia. But I think most of my morning sickness is going away. I have had a lot of energy today, but I am starting to get really tired. I spent the day Spring cleaning and most of that was is the kids rooms. Oh how I wish they would keep their rooms cleans and put their clothes where they are suppose to go. I can never tell if they are clean or dirty so I end up washing them all. I took 2 HUGE full trash bags of clothes that Jazmine has outgrown out of her room. Lucky I know someone to give them too as they are all in good shape. She is just growing way too fast.
Hugs:)
Angela