Followers

Monday, May 14, 2012

Make a Wish...

Good morning everyone. 
     I am going to make this a quick one as I still have two kids that our home sick and as of last night still no answer back on their test results.   I never thought I would ever hear my kids say that needed and wanted to go back to school, but with it being so close to the end of the year they both are so worked up about missing school just because they are sick.  We are so proud of them and I am so hoping that the Dr calls today and says that we all can get back to our lives. 
     Ok, I said quick and this card although it has not one stamp on it or a Copic marker used it really was not a quick card to make.  It was easy, but it did take a little bit of time to make all my candles.  lol...  I wish I could take credit for this design, but I actually found the idea in an older (Oct. 2011) Papercrafts magazine and I really wanted to give it a go.  This design was made by Beth Mason and I have to say that I really love how it came out.  I used some of my brighter BG papers and a little bit of hemp cord.  That was pretty much all I needed with the exception of some heavy duty tape and glue. 
    Well guys, I hope you all had a great Mother's day and a wonderful start to your week.  I will see you back here tomorrow as I have yet another card to share with you.  Talk at you later.
Hugs, Lisa G


 supplies:
cs-Neenah & The paper studio
dp-Konnichiwa-BG
Fluid Chalk-chestnut roan-Colorbox
hemp cord-crafters square
design by-Beth Mason-Papercrafts sketch ideas Oct 2011
computer fonts:
Ariel @14 & 16
Lucinda handwriting @ 28 & 36

5 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

LOL, poor kids definitely have been sick too long! The end of the school year is definitely the best, hope they can go back soon! My Maddie only has 9 more days, and Hunter has 14. Sure seems like they start school a lot earlier than I used to. Summers have become only 2 1/2 months long now!

I LOVE this candle card!!! I totally want to make that, but I can guarantee it will have way less candles! (i am not that patient!) Great card!!!

Danni said...

Hope your kiddos are feeling better asap!!
What an amazing card, so clever!! Great job!

Emma said...

Oh NO, so sorry to hear that your guys are sick! Hope they feel better soon!

OMGosh I just LOVE this card, How Fabulous does all those candles look! Amazing job Lisa!

Amanda R said...

What a neat idea! Totally gonna steal it!

Amy said...

Even without your usual beautiful coloring this card is fantastic Lisa! I've made firecrackers like this before for a 4th of July card but only three. So I know the time that you put into making all of those candles... WOW girl! :)