Followers

Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Cornucopia of Thanks...

Hi Guys.
     I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend.  Even though I had a three day weekend it still seemed to just fly by.  Jerry and I had a lot of things to take care of Friday and we were lucky enough to get them all done just in time to pick up the M&Ms from school.   Saturday seemed just as fast as we had things at home to do and then it was time to head out to the wedding. 
     It was so much fun and it was really very nice to see two people that are so much in love be surrounded by all their family and friends that wanted to help them celebrate.  The kids even got in on the pictures as the photographer was taking funny pictures with mustaches and boas along with top hats and glasses.  I for one can not wait to see the one of the M&Ms with the Bride and Groom.  Mitchell picked out a boa and a pirates hat.  He really does have a very funny side when he wants to let it show.  :O) 
      I was able to spend Sunday making a few cards and actually getting into the spirit of the season with some of my favorite Christmas movies on the computer while I made my cards.   For some reason, even though it is one of my all time favorite movies  'The Family Stone' really made me cry this year. I am thinking I might have to put it on the shelf and just go more with 'Love Actually'.  Now that one really makes me happy.  Do you guys have any that you just have to watch each year?  I would love to know.  I know I have a few more that I watch every year, but right now none of them are coming to me.  lol...
     My card today is one that I made for my friend's Granddaughter.  Even though she is only 10 I still wanted to go with something a little different this time around, so I pulled out this free digi from Elizabeth O Dulemba, I think I have had for quite some time now, but  I have always loved how others have been able to color a cornucopia so I figured I might as well give it a go.  I really tried to take my time with it and then  I think fussy cut out the bottom of the cornucompia to give it even more emphasis on the fact that it is overflowing.  Then I used my rectangle Spellbinder to cut and emboss the top part.  I really liked how that look, so I used the same die to cut it out another rectangle. I then moved the die to make it the perfect size for my sentiment.  I suppose even though I used a die you could say I fussy cut that as well.  Overall I really am happy with how it turned out.  I realize that it is a bit grown up, but I do remember coloring the ditto sheets with a cornucopia on them to bring home to my Mom each year, so I am hopefull that she will like this one as well.  :O) 
      Ok, time to head off to dream land.   I hope you all have a great start to your week and I will talk at you tomorrow. 
Hugs, Lisa G






supplies:
stamps-free digi-Elizabeth O Dulemba, Happy Everything,
So Thankful & Turkey Day-LF
cs-Neenah & Recollections
dp-Stella & Rose combo pack-MME-crafter's warehouse
ribbon-thank you gift from Ellen Hutson Store
gems-bling it-BG
Spellbinders-Classic Rectangles large
Copic Markers:
apples-R37-R35-E77-G24-G28
grapes-V17-V15
pear-YG93-YG91
corn-G24-Y35-Y38
pumpkin-Y38-YR16-YR68-E81-W1
nuts-E77-E79
leaves-E84-E81-W1-G28-G24-Y32-Y38-Y35-E08-E25-E23-E35
eggplant-V99-V95

    

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, I just love the colours...bright and beautiful..movies..well.. Titanic is a rainy Sunday afternoon movie, but it interupts my crafting as I find myself on the couch watching it,over and over...and Pollyana, with Halely Mills, love to cry in that..and Sister Act, very loud, and I sing my heart out, flat and badly, but I dont care..lol..have a fabulous week Hun!!dont let the holidays bother you, it is only one day...after that..every man woman and child for themselves..
let them worry about things..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Rachel Parys said...

Family Stone is a great movie, but I will never watch it again, makes me depressed for a week afterward! lol! I'm a huge kid when it comes to holiday movies- Elf, How the Grinch Stole Xmas(with Jim Carey), Polar Express, etc. I always end up watching the super cheesey Xmas movies made for ABC Family, and Hallmark.

This is a gorgeous Thanksgiving card! I like the detail from you fussy cutting the bottom, very cool. I really need to try and finish up some Xmas crafting this week! Nothing like procrastinating!

Denice said...

Such a pretty card, your friend's granddaughter is going to love this.

If I can find it on tv I never pass up the movie All Mine to Give...about the Irish lumberjack and his family, and what happens to them on Christmas eve...sad, so, so sad!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
:Dxx

Amanda R said...

This is lovely Lisa, very elegant. I love the rich colors you used on it and how you fussy cut the bottom of it. Happy Belated Thanksgiving!