Followers

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Triple Step Stamping...

Good morning everyone.
     I hope that you all had a great start to your week.  We woke up to a small amount of snow and pretty much slushy snowy rain for most of the day.  It was a grayish day, but all in all a pretty good start to a busy week.  I want to thank you all for your sweet comments on the Wedding card.  It means a lot to me and it helps me to make sure that it is good enough to give.  lol.. Thanks so much. 
     So let's get started on today's card(s).  I was messing around checking out YouTube videos this weekend and I really wanted to try something new to me.  I came across this awesome video from by BrandyScraps about Triple Step Stamping.  Well, I don't have any flower stamps, but I thought this would be a fun technique so I pulled out some snowflake and Christmas Ornament stamps from Lawn Fawn and really just played around. 
     As you can see my first card I started out somewhat simple and just mounted the different papers without using any kind of foam dots.  On my second I went a little more fancy with it and not only did I use foam dots every other level I also heat embossed the sentiment and I hand made the boarder with an embossing pen which I them heat embossed as well.  :O)  Huge smiles here as I am so so bad at heat embossing.  My wonderful friend Amy Y was nice enough to send me s VersaMark stamp pad and my other friend Mercy so far as to make a YouTube video all in the hopes to get me heat embossing and loving it.  Thanks girls, I think I just might get to liking this somewhere down the road.  hehe
       I think my heat gun might not be that good.  It is a Martha Stewart one, but I have seen others out there that are suppose to be better.  Maybe if I decide I like the technique I'll get a new one this coming summer.  I did win some stamps last month from Lawn Fawn and they sent me some Hero Arts white embossing powder and I love it.  Maybe that has been my problem.  ????!!!!  Who knows.  I do have to admit that the embossing powder is making me happy as it works really good.  Do any of you know if it comes in other colors.  I would love it in silver or gold, but I haven't been able to find any online.
      Ok guys, I got to get a move on. Thanks for stopping by.  It means the world to me.  Have a great day and I'll talk at you tomorrow.
Hugs, Lisa G
   
                                                               
                                                              
First card.  Just mounted each layer.



Second card.  This card has foam mounts to pop it up. 

A card just isn't complete without and inside to go with it. 

Supplies:
First card: stamps-Frosties-:LF
cardstock-Neenah & AC Cardstock
inks-summer sky & tuxedo black-Memento
glossy adhesive & fairy dust glitter-Donna Salazar- clear snap
sugar shimmer

Second card: stamps-Orante Ornaments & Let it snow-LF
sentiment stamp-Sparkling Seasons-TGF
cs-Neenah & AC Cardstock
inks-Versamark & tuxedo black-Memento
embossing powder-Hero Arts-white
silver metal-Sharpie
Copic markers-R37-E25

5 comments:

Rachel Parys said...

Very cool! I love how these turned out, gonna have to try it myself!! Awesome Xmas cards!

Chrissy said...

I saw the first one and thought "Oh! that is so lovely"..then the second one appeared and I had a sharp intake of breath and choked on my spittle...lol..gorgeous.love the red and white and the dimension...2fabulous Christmas cards Lisa..
I have gold and silver embossing powder, but just bought them locally and they are not in the original containers now as I store mine in square plastic containers with a spoon inside...and never use them...lol..I forget to.
Found a jar..they are called "Stamp effects"..very tiny jar, but last forever..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Amanda R said...

These are very pretty Lisa, I bet the dimension irl is fabulous. I know Michaels has gold and silver embossing powders but they aren't Hero Arts brand. Maybe check out Two Peas in a Bucket, I bet they have it.

Danni said...

These are fabulous cards! You did a great job on them! I have lots of colors of embossing powders but not sure they are Hero Arts..I'm no help there.

Denice said...

How awesome that you tried a new type of card...both of them turned out beautifully!

Did you check out the Hero Arts on-line store? Sometimes they'll have "hard to find" items.
:Dxx