Followers

Sunday, June 15, 2014

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY...

Hi guys,
      I thought I would just pop in real quick and share a VERY simple card that I made for Father's Day.





       So,  I finally decided to pick up one of the new 'Spectrum Noir'  pencil sets. Guess what  came in the mail today. You just know I had to pull out an easy stamp to color up and play with.  I am thinking that I am going to like playing around with these.   I have seen some YouTube videos where the person has colored an image with their Copics and then used colored pencils to add even more highlight.  I am hoping to try that idea out and actually get good at it. Hmmmm, we'll see.  :O)  lol...  Wish me luck!
     In the meantime, I pulled out this adorable stamp set from Lawn Fawn and colored up the world to add it to the sentiment as a Father's Day card.   I am sure you have noticed lately that I have been having a lot of fun pulling from several different stamp sets to make a card.  It makes me feel like I am using what I have spent my money on, so to me it is a win, win situation.
     Anyhow, we took the M&Ms to see the movie 'How to Train your Dagon' (AWESOME MOVIE!!!) this even and it was so much fun for all of us!
We all love Toothless as she reminds us of my Lucy, so this movie is super special to us all.  Yes, we are four dorks, but we are all good with that.  It is almost 2am as I write this, but we went to the last showing of the evening and when we got home the M&Ms and myself were all so wound up that we sat and laughed with each other for over an hour. Jerry wasn't too happy with us after a short while, so he went to bed.  lmbo.... Party pooper!   I only mention this as I have come down now, and I am sure that this post is jumping all over the place.
     With that being said I am going to head off to bed.  Talk at you all later.
Happy Father's Day.
Hugs,  Lisa G





Supplies:
stamps-Wish you were here & Happy everything-LF
dies-Stitched Journeling card
cardstock-Neenah-classic cream
dp-minuet-memory box
colored hemp-AC
colored pencils-Spectrum noir- Nature #43-45-46-62-72
low odour thinner-Daler & Rowney



3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Awesome Fathers day card Lisa..fabulous colouring with pencils..I use a copic or two and shade with my pencils and it shades really well..I use green to shade when I've used red..it works!!

Luv CHRISSYxx

Amanda R said...

I got a few of the pencils too, hoping to use them like you said myself! Very cute card btw! Hope Jerry had a great fathers day!

Lisa said...

Hey Lisa :):):)
Love the new pencils. Great little FD card!
Just wanted to drop in to say HI!!!!
Hugs,
Lisa
CRe8n4u