Followers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

TRYING NEW THINGS...











Hi guys. Wow, I am so upset. I had just typed up this whole post and somehow I hit something and my whole post just vanished! I can not believe it... Ggrrrrr... Talk about aggravating!
Ok, well I had gone into great detail about my card and what led up to it's creation this weekend, but now I am short on time and can just touch on it. First let me say that I was planning on using this card for a National Scrapbook day contest to do something on your page or card that you wouldn't usually do. So, because I do like seeing others color their stamps with weird colors of hair I just have never been able to do it. That is until Saturday. Yes, I am proud to say that I colored Faraway Moon from Sweet Pea Stamps with purple and blue hair. I also used bits of whatever was on my desk. I used some of the scraps from cutting with my Cricut. I really had a great time making this card, and using up bits and pieces that most likely would have ended up in the trash can.
I hope you all have a great day. I can not wait for Saturday. I think I will get up and shower just like I was working at 8:30 and instead just sit at my desk in warm smuggles and play with my stamps. Thanks for checking me out today. Hope to talk at you tomorrow. Hugs, Lisa G
Supplies:
stamp-Faraway Moon-Sweet Pea Stamps
cs-white & enchanted evening-PTI yellow-Bazzil
gems-Prima
fleurs-Cricut Catridge-Accents Essentials-Provo Craft
yellow frames-Cricut Catridge-Storybook-Provo Craft
Copic Markers:
skin-E50-E51-RV10-V06
hair-BV00-BV02-BV04-BV08-B63
sash-YR24-YR21-YR31
floral & flowing seaweed-YG21-YH23-YR24-YR21-YR31
background-BV00 & 0
Spica -clear-00

6 comments:

Angela said...

Lisa, I really like the purple and blue hair. I also love the flourishes!! I hope you are having a great start to your day.
Hugs:)
Angela

Cindy Haffner said...

Lisa this is GORGEOUS!!

Gabby said...

You did GORGEOUS with this image Lisa! Just gorgeous!

Amy said...

Way to step outside that box and give her some gorgeous purple hair... you really did an amazing job coloring her up Lisa! And the flourish cuts look so cool framing the image like that, they make the card very magical looking! :)

Mary Frances said...

Love the purple and blue hair! Great layout..the cricut ads just the right touch. I need to start using mine for my cards.hehe Hugs.

Randi said...

Beatiful Sweet Pea card Lisa!! Love the colors you used!! Especially the purple!! Such a gorgeous coloring job!! I'm glad you decided to try something 'new'!

Thanks for visiting my blog during the Club Anya & Friends Rockin' Rebel blog hop!