Followers

Monday, November 29, 2010

HAPPY HOLIDAYS...









Hi guys. I hope that everyone had a terrific weekend. I was off both Saturday and Sunday and I sure do enjoy that. We received some heart breaking news Friday night, so the weekend wasn't quite what we had anticipated it to be. My Sister-in-law Judy passed away. This is Jerry's Brother's wife, and because Jerry is the baby of the family and quite a bit younger she helped raise him along with their own two children. Judy and David are kind of the reason that Jerry and I started dating in the first place. Our first date was at a surprise anniversary party for them. It is very hard to see my husband so upset. Jerry's sister and her family flew in Friday from Arizona to be with my Brother-in-law and his family, so that has been good for Jerry as well. It has been five years since we have all been together and it is so hard to not have Judy there. She was always the nurturer and she loved all of us so much and loved to be surrounded by all. Please keep us all in your prayers today. I am off to work early so that we can attend her funeral this afternoon.
Do to all of this I will make this a quick post. First let my remind everyone that tomorrow is the TGF All-Customer blog hop and thank goodness I have already had all three of my projects done and ready to go.
Ok, now for my card today I decided to use some more of the wonderful Merry January paper from WeR Memory Keepers. What can I say I just love this line. I also decided that I had to use my newest Ian from the farm. Cafe Ian! Isn't he adorable? I know that I am going to have to make my Brother-in-law Jerry a card with this guy. Jerry W (my Sister's husband) loves coffee and it is rare to see him without a cup in his hand. As I used pop dots to put Ian on my card I decided to cut off his curly steam so I put some pearls in their place. :O)
Well, we are going into another winter storm warning... so we'll see what it is doing out there just as soon as the sun comes up. I hope that everyone has a very safe and happy Monday.
See you back here tomorrow for the big blog hop.
Hugs, Lisa G
Supplies:
stamp-Cafe' Ian-TGF
cs-Neenah classic crest & textured cs-Merry January-WeR Memory Keepers
dp-4x6 albums made easy pack-Merry January-WeR Memory Keepers
pearls-e. line-Prima
rub-ons-Karen Foster Designs
fluid chalk-chestnut roan-Colorbox (if anyone can find a big one let me please let me know.)
Spellbinders-Nestabilities-classic ovals large
Copic Markers:
skin-E51-E50-R20
hair-E50-E51-E53-E55
shirt & shoes-E59-E57
sweater-YG95-YG91
pants-BG78-BG75-BG72
coffee cup-BG78-BG75-0

3 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh SWEET I love Ian!!

Amy said...

I'm so sorry about the passing of your sister-in-law Lisa, I'll keep your family in my prayers.
Your card is wonderful, cafe Ian is too cute! I'm glad you've got your TGF cards done and ready for the hop, can't wait to see them! Take care, hugs!

Amanda R said...

Your family is in my thoughts Lisa during this sad time. This card is ADORABLE! Love how you did the inside too!