Followers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

FOR YOU...







Hi guys, did you get your Glee on last night? OMWonderful! I just loved last night's show. I am so over the top happy for Kurt. I think he so deserves to finally get his guy. They are so cute with each other. As for New Directions winning.. Yay! I told my DH while they were singing their song that no matter if they win or lose they had already won. Great Show!
Ok, back to real life. I am in a super great mood this morning. I was so excited to see that my package from ATS had come in the mail yesterday when I got home from work. There were only had two stamps in it, but they were my first two of the new Sweet November stamps by Amy Young. I love these stamps! You can use them as the Zodiac girls that she designed them to be or you can use Amy's trick of wiping off parts of the stamp and making these ladies into some of the prettiest girl stamps I have ever seen. If you didn't know it already these stamps are about 5x4 inches and make a great focal point on just about any card you can dream up. That is exactly what I did last night. I grabbed my new Leo stamp (she is both the M&M's sign) and I wiped off her freckles and her fuzzy ears. I love how she turned out. She may be a lion, but she is a very gentle natural girl that loves to have anything from the earth. She doesn't even wear blush, not her just the sweet pink of her natural cheeks. lol... She traded in her gold necklace for a hemp cord to hang her Zodiac charm from. She also picked my new FAVORITE 6x6 paper pad by MME (Mabel from the Stella & Rose collection). Got it on Saturday and I have to say I love this pad. If you like oranges and browns you must buy this one. You will love it.
After I colored her up and put her on my card I got to looking at her and I think I am going to have to make her again only this next time I am going to go with a more Tina Turner look. I think her hair would be perfect. lol...What can I say my mind does it's own thing. I can not believe how fast this card came together. I sat down to color her, stopped to watch Glee and before I knew it my card was done. I think it took me longer to load my pictures than to make this card. lol...
If you haven't purchased any of these stamps yet I am telling you to run (don't walk) over to All That Scraps and pick some up. You will love playing with them all. I was able to also pick up Aries as well, and I can not wait to get some more.
Have super day. Talk at you tomorrow.
Hugs, Lisa G
Supplies:
stamps-Leo-Sweet November stamps by Amy Young-ATS & Fancy Fleurs-TGF
cs-Neenah & kraft-The Paper Studio
dp-Mabel-Stella & Rose collection_MME
corner punch
boarder punch-MS
buttons-BasicGrey
hemp cord-crafter square
Copic Markers:
skin-E000-E11-E13-E00
hair-E35-E57-E59-E49
lips-R20-R22-R24
eyes-YG99-YG97-YG95
background-YR12

2 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

FUN FUN FUN!!~

Amy said...

Oh Lisa, I adore the changes that you made to Leo... she is gorgeous! And those Mabel papers are a total fave of mine too, all that yummy orange ya know! Which makes them perfect with Leo too! ;)
Fabulous card!

I agree about Glee going by super fast last night, but what a ride it was! I don't know how this show keeps getting better and better but it sure does! :)