Followers

Monday, November 3, 2014

Trying something NEW!!!

Hi guys.
      Wow, did everyone have a great Monday or what?  lol... Mine was SUPER BUSY at work, but when I got home and I read all of  sweet comments from the  LBBS clear stamp blog hop it just made my day.  I really want to say "THANKS so much!"  and "WELCOME to my new subscribers"  I am very happy to have you all and I have even picked up on my crafty mojo all because of you guys. :O)
     You have really inspired me to get crafty.  So much so that I finally pulled out the new embossing folders that I purchased last week at Joann Fabrics when they had all of their 'Darice'  folders on sale for $2.00.  Yep, I just had to take advantage of that sale.
     I have always loved embossing folders, but I really tend to only use them as backgrounds for my cards. So, as I said in my post title I decided that I wanted to play a little bit with a couple of the new folders I picked up.  I embossed this Christmas tree, and then I grabbed my Memento stamp pads a big block and my water color brush and went to town on making this embossed tree look like it was water colored.
      I'm not sure you can really see it in my pictures, but once I added some gems from my stash and a bit on baby blue 'Stickles' to make for a festive garland I have to admit that I am SO VERY HAPPY with how this card turned out.  HUGE SMILE HERE!!!
     I am so excited with this card that I had to take a couple of pictures and share with you all and I haven't even made an inside to my card yet.  lol.... Those of you that know me and my blog know that I almost always have to have and inside to my cards.  I had so much fun making this one and seeing it come to life that I now I really can't wait for our yearly trip to the big city so that I can pick up a set of those water color pallets that everyone has been getting at Michaels. Those are so going on my wish list!
     I sure hope you are all having a great week so far. If you are kind of in a slump with your crafting I totally encourage you to try something that you just didn't think was your thing.  You never know, you just might LOVE it!
     Talk at you later.
Hugs Lisa G
   



I was really trying to show how it looks in person. The gems kind of twinkle in the light and
it makes it look like both Christmas tree ornaments and lights. 

Embossing folder and the ink pads that I used to get my colors. I really love how the embossing folder has a boarder so that I could use it to both cut the tree out and frame it. 

   
     Supplies:
cs-Neenah Natural White & Foundations-Coredinations Pearls
embossing folder-Christmas Tree-Darice
stamp-Winter in the Park-LF
gems-doodlebug designs,inc & Kaiserkraft
inks-Memento (see picture for all the colors) & Onyx Black-Versafine
   
   

1 comment:

Denice said...

Love how you used your embossing folder, a very cute idea! I am in a very bad crafting slump...nothing seems to work to get me motivated...boo hoo!!! LOL!