Followers

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Warm Winter Wishes...

Hi guys,
     I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend.  We started to get a few snow flurries today, and I am sure that is what put my in the mood for today's card.  lol.. We actually made some hot chocolate and had a great time watching  'Stuart Little'  together before I sat down to work on some cards for the week.   I remember when Mitchell was little and he just loved both the first and the second 'Stuart Little' movies.  It always puts me in a great mood when we do things as a family.
     So I have a couple of things that I want to share on my blog this morning before I get into my card.  The first would be that my daughter Maddie has agreed to start sharing some of her drawing that she is always doing.  You can find her first one over on the 'Kids Create Two' blog that I put up a very long time ago just for the M&Ms to share with others things to share with other if  they felt like it.  It would be terrific if you could take a moment to check our Maddie's drawing and leave her a little love.  :O)  After all she might be a future blogger. 
     Anyhow let' get to today's card.  I used this adorable stamp from LawnFawn called 'Winter Fox' along with the 'Let it Snow' stamp from them as well.  I took out this awesome snowflake from the older, but new to me set called 'Keep Cozy' stamp set from The Greeting Farm in order to make a background for my card.  I had so much fun making my own paper as I wanted to keep it simple but pretty for this very delicate fox.  :O) 
     As you all know I don't normally color up animal stamps, but I really want to purchase the latest 'Sweet November' stamp called 'Lovebirds' after the holidays so I figure I should practice more on getting better at coloring animal stamps.  lol...
     I then cut my stamp apart for the inside sentiment.  I don't usually do that as I am overly nervous that I will ruin my stamps, but I always see them do this on the YouTube videos from LawnFawn and decided that if I really messed it up I can always purchase this one again as it is one of their little sets and usually is under $4.00 to replace.  I am happy to say however that I did NOT ruin it and I can still use it how it was made to be used.  Hugh smile here!
     Ok guys,  I hope you have a great start to your week.  Madison is still itching to get our Christmas tree up,  so it looks like her and I will be tackling that come Thursday after work and school.  Wish me luck!
     Thanks for stopping by and I will talk at you tomorrow.
Hugs, Lisa G

Supplies:
stamps-Winter Fox, Let it Snow-LF & Keep Cozy-TGF
cs-Neenah & Spring Rain-PTI
ribbon-sheer-details & Accessories
inks-Summer Sky & Tuxedo Black-Memento
Copic Markers:
fox - E30-E50-E51-E53-E33
scarf - E93-17mint & 00clear-at youSpica
mug-B93-E71-E74





7 comments:

Chrissy said...

She's a gorgeous little fox Lisa, love her long eyelashes, fab colouring and love your background..perfect CAS card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Rachel Parys said...

Great CAS card! You know I like those CAS cards, I'm terrible at embellishments! lol! This is adorable!!

Amanda R said...

Very sweet Lisa, love how you made your own paper and that sentiment inside looks wonderful. Gonna go check out the other blog and leave some love now.

Danni said...

Adorable card! Very nice!

Denice said...

Awwwwwwwww....so sweet!

Amy said...

Oh, the fox looks so sweet! Your coloring is perfect Lisa!
We've had a couple of times it has tried to snow, but nothing has stayed. Today was cold but nice and sunny! Hope your week is going great, have fun putting your tree up!

Tress said...

Beautiful card! Love the clean look!