Followers

Thursday, December 9, 2010

HAPPY HOLIDAYS...










Hi guys.
I hope that your week is going well for you all. I am home again today as we still do not have the test results in for Madison. I am hoping to hear from them soon. She still has a very strange cough and her throat is not getting any better. Well, at least she is getting plenty of rest. Madison will be the first to tell you that she is very happy to have me home. I am happy to be here for her as well, but I do feel super, super bad for my co-workers. Ugghhh. I need two of me. lol...
Ok, let me get to my card before Mitchell decides to get up and visit with me. I love that he is my early riser, but it is very hard to talk at you guys while my Son is talking to me. So I will get to it as I said. My card today is soooo out of my comfort zone it is not funny. I swear it took me over two hours just to make this card and that is not including the time it took to color Miss Ivy three different times. (I had a little bit of difficulty with her hair...) Anyway, as I was saying I don't usually use this many different patterned papers on one card, but I wanted to make this one for the last challenge over on the TPS challenge blog. Tickled Pink Stamps is starting up a new challenge blog. They are going to start their first challenge on January 7th, so be sure to check it out. If you head over there now they are giving out prizes and introducing their design team... I think it is going to be soooo much fun. I can not wait.
Sorry, I got off topic there. They are always so creative over at TPS's current challenge blog and I felt that as I won this awesome stamp that I should try and stretch my creativity a little bit. The challenge on the TPS blog is for Sketch #8. I thought that it was a great sketch and I just had to go for it. All of the papers that I used on this one are from my stash from over two years ago, so it made me feel so good to put them to use. You can not tell from the picture, but the embellishment one the top left corner is green and gold. When I purchased them ($1.50 for 5 pieces) Jerry just couldn't see what I would ever use them on. I have to say that I really am happy with how this one turned out. Her hair still is not my favorite, but I really do love how the rest of my card came together.
Thanks for stopping by today. I really appreciate all of your kind words for my Madison. She says that she is getting tired of always being the one to get sick... She really is not a person that you would think of as sickly, but she sure has had a lot of fun in the past 12 months....I am sure that she will be just fine. The Dr. checked her lungs and heart the other night so I am confident that it will turn out ok. Thanks again.
Talk at you tomorrow.
Hugs, Lisa G
Supplies:
stamps-Lil Christmas Ivy-TPS & CC Designs-Winter sentiments-AmyR-ATS
cs-Neenah classic crest, Bazzill & bordering blue-SU
dp-More than Mistletoe-jolly holly, Snowy Jo-cup o'cheer & tinsel to the top-Imaginisce
metallic paper pack-Best Occasions
pearls-e.line-Prima
embellishments-Holiday Times
fluid chalk-chestnut roan-Colorbok
rub-ons-Karen Foster
Copic Markers:
skin-E51-E50-R20-R21-R22
hair-E57-E35-E34
eyes-E77-E74-E71
dress, tights,hairpiece & oven mitts-G28-G24-R39-R37
cookies & baking sheet-C3-C1-E30-G07-E35 & atyou Spica 09sky blue, 21lipstick
sharpie poster paint-fine

5 comments:

Angela said...

Hey Lisa, this is amazing!! You so need to stay out of your comfort zone as this is great!!! Sometimes my best work is outside of my comfort zone, it pushes me to try different things. You did great with the sketch and all the DP and embellishments is perfect. I hope Madison is feeling better. Thank you for all your kind and encouraging comments. They make my day!!
Hugs:
Angela

Amy said...

Ivy's hair looks terrific Lisa and so is the card! I love the papers and colors you've used and I think that emebellishment is totally perfect!
Poor Madison, she sure has had more than her share of being sick. Hope you get the test results soon, being stuck at home waiting can't be fun. Hugs!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

WOW This is gorgeous Lisa, the hair looks great and I LOVE how your card turned out! BEAUTIFUL!
Thanks so much for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamps Monthly Challenge.
Kristy xo

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh I love her, she is FABULOUS!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Totally GORGEOUS Lisa!!!! LOVE the colours and the papers - I think you've done an AWESOME job!
xXx