Followers

Friday, August 16, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom...

Good morning all.
     The first thing I have to say is "TGIF" !  I really am not sure what my problem is this week, but I have to tell you I am so totally ready for it to be Friday at 5 o'clock.  It's not like it's been a very hard week, but I have just been so tired and I am completely over it.  At least for this week.  :O)
     Next, as you might have guessed it  is my Mom's Birthday, and  I want to wish her a very Happy Birthday! I hope that you have a great day Mom.  We  love you very much.
     Last night I was watching YouTube. More specifically 'Scrapbooking Made Simple' and Stacy was showing the new die set from 'MFT' that makes it easy to make your own Washi tape out of paper or ink and stamps.  I was very inspired by her video that I grabbed some of my Washi tape from my stash and make this card.  I then pulled out some enamel dots from MME and picked three different colors that I felt would really bring out the colors in the Washi tapes that I used.    I have to tell you that I really had a great time making this card and even though I didn't use a stamp or a Copic marker I think it turned out very nice.  :O)  I am really happy with this one.
     So guys, it's time for me to hit the sheets.  I am up at 5 in the morning to get some walking in and then head off to work and get this Friday started.   I hope you all have a great day and a wonderful start to your weekend.
Hugs, Lisa G





Supplies:
cs-Xpress it & Aqua Mist-PTI
hemp cord-crafters square
enamel dots-the Sweetest thing-Bluebell "smile" & Honey "love"-MME
Washi tape-My Girl-MME
dies- Spellbinders-classic ovals lager & floral ovals
computer font-Edwardian Script

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oooo..it did turn out beautiful Lisa and I love how you lace your candy dots, they always look like they belong.Happy birthday to your Mom..hope your FriDAY goes fast for you, and you are right...my Friday night is now, so my weekend has just started...have a fabulous one...

luv CHRISSYxx

Rachel Parys said...

I love this combo of red/blue! Such a soft and pretty card! Awesome work!

Denice said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this combo of Washi tape! HB to your mom!

Tress said...

Beautiful card! Your mom will treasure it! Hope you have a great weekend!

Amy said...

Such a beautiful birthday card for your mom! Love your color combo and use of that great washi. You are totally inspiring me to pull out my own small washi stash and use it more! :)