Followers

Monday, July 7, 2014

A CARD FULL OF FIRSTS...

Hello again.


     I say "again"  as I have already typed this post up once this morning and as I am doing it on my laptop I hit some key by accident and it totally deleted every last word that I had typed.  Needless to say, I am not exactly as happy lady at the moment.  :O)  Grinning, nothing I can do but type it again and hope I don't  mess up.
     So, I am going to get right to my card as I need to hit the shower and get ready for work real soon.  I was relaxing at my desk yesterday when I decided that I really wanted to make a card using the doodlebug designs sequins that I won from AmyR some time ago.  Thank you again Amy.  I love the look of them on everybody else's cards, but for some reason I am a little intimidated by them. Therefore I have decided that I am making a card with them on it no matter what.  lol... Such a major problem to have.  I know.
     As you will see I pulled out this digi from Saturated Canary to color as I love her flowing hair and her eyes.  I really wanted to take my time and color her hair bit by bit in order to really get some good shading on it.  Once I was done putting the whole card together I decided that I really like how she turned out, but maybe I should be brave and use my new colored pencils by Spectrum Noir.  I have three of the sets out of the five, and I really wanted them in order to add that extra depth that the company claims you can get along with your Copic markers. (I figured that if I just didn't like them I could always give them to Madison.)
      Anyway,  I'm not sure I have ever shared the fact that as a crafter I tend to walk on the safe side of things.  What I mean to say is that if I like something I have made I will leave it instead of trying to get that extra little something that might take it from ok to great.  Yes, I am a chicken.  I only share this little tidbit with you, so that you can understand my dilemma while making this card.
     With my whole card put together I finally made myself go for it.  With great fear and trepidation  I pulled out those pencils and added that extra depth that her hair needed.  I am so so happy that I took the chance and did it!!!  I love how her hair turned out and I am quite happy (now) that I did pickup these three sets as it does really add that little extra something to your image.
     I will just mention this one last thing about today's card and that is the fact that I really really need to start saving for a new camera.  I like how my card turned out and in real life it looks quite good with the green and brown paper.  However my pictures are not showing up as good as they should be.  So, I am wondering.  What kind of camera do you guys use and is it expensive or is it reasonable?  I would truly love some help on this one.  I can't tell you how much I dislike the way the green paper and card stock has made her look washed out in the photo when in real life she does look good.  Even if I say so myself.  lol..
     I hope you all have a fantastic Monday and I will talk at you tomorrow.
Hugs, Lisa G






supplies:
stamps-Color Me Wonderful-SC & Glowgirl-HA
cs- Neenah solor white classic crest both 80lb & 110lb & Simply Chartruese-PTI
dp-Sugar & Spice-doodlebug designs, inc
dies-standard circles sm & lacey circles-Spellbinders, mini stitched bow-Lil'inker design
sequins-Bumblebee, Lily White & Cupcake-doodlebug design, inc-Thanks again Amy!!!
glaze pen-clear-Sakura
inks-Tuxedo Black, Angel Pink & Pear Tart-Memento-Onyx Black-Versafine
Spectrum Noir colored pencils- #86 from the Nature set-Bought off of Etsy  here.  (Bonni is fantastic! She also has the cheapest price I have come across!!)
Copic Marker:
skin-E50-E51-E21-R20
eyes-E33-E37
lips-E04
hair-E50-E51-E53-YR30
shirt-YG23-YG25
skirt-YR30-YR31
little Copic markers-W2-W1-0

3 comments:

Danni said...

Amazing and fabulous card!! You rocked it!!

Lisa said...

Excellent job!!! Beautiful color scheme and sentiment, as well.
Such a drag that you had to re-type your whole post, but thank you very much for sharing.
Hugs,
Lisa
+-CRe8n4u

Denice said...

So glad you walked on the wild side with your card and added the little "extra" color...it really paid off. Sequins look great on EVERYTHING!
:Dxx