Followers

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Pop-Up Box Card...

Hello there.



     I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  If you celebrate the 4th of July I hope you had a great one as well.  We do celebrate it, but as one of our M&Ms has a soar throat that the Dr says is viral we decided to stay home and take it easy.  We however are able to see our town's fireworks show from our back yard so we watched it here.  Makes for much less traffic to navigate that way.  lol...
     Ok, so let's get onto my card for today.  I have been in the mood to try new things and really branch out just a tad.  That of course is until my Pre-order of The Creeper Crew 2 comes in from The Greeting Farm.  Then watch out!  :O)  I love me some Creeper Crew stamps and I can NOT wait to get my Copics and color them up.
     Anyway, on to today's card.  I have been seeing more and more people making pop-up box cards and I got to thinking "what the heck give it a try".  So I went onto YouTube and looked it up.  I ended up on the Splitcoast stampers web page and found this great video and tutorial on it.  Check it out here.  I really like the fact that they have both the written out dimensions and they also have the video if you are a visual person.  It was super simple and I really enjoyed making it as well as how it came out.  I always know that I did something pretty good or different when both Jerry and the M&Ms want to see it and exam it. I have to admit I love the reaction they gave me as they thought I had come up with something really cool.  lmbo... I of course showed them that it really was just simple paper cutting and folding. (They liked it anyway.)
     Well guys, I am off to get my crafting on.  I don't know if I have mentioned it, but I just love to  plug into my Nook with my skull candy ear buds (Miss M&M insisted I had to have them) and listen to Glee on Netflix, It really gets me into the creative mood for some reason.
     Have a great day and I will talk at you tomorrow.
Hugs Lisa G



I didn't envision actually using my card, so I used some out SU Cardstock in a color
I wasn't going to miss. However I didn't mess it up while I was working on the folds
so I just decided to go with it, Hence the mustard with the floral print.  :O)  







Supplies:
stamps-Princess Rose Red-SC & Love,hugs & Hearts-TSOL
cs-Neenah-Classic Crest Solor White 80lb & More Mustard-SU
dp-sarajane-Children at play-MM (very very old from my stash)
floral wire
inks-Onyx Black-Versafine & Angel Pink, New Sprout-Memento
Copics-

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Absolutely devine Lisa..love the papers and umage and fabulous colouring...the hearts and twirlky things...so beautiful.My brain wont let me do this.. I tried..lol...true I did.Must check out your link and maybe that will help me get organised..love this..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

OH... How absolutely ADORABLE this turned out, Lisa! I Love it.
Hugs,
Lisa
+-CRe8n4u

Lisa said...

OH... How absolutely ADORABLE this turned out, Lisa! I Love it.
Hugs,
Lisa
+-CRe8n4u