Followers

Friday, July 23, 2010

DON'T YOU JUST LOVE AIRMAIL?











Good morning guys! Yes, it is Friday!!! I only have to get through today and then I am off for two whole days... Can you believe it? Both Saturday and Sunday! I have to admit that I think I am going into shock... heehee Sorry, I just have worked three straight weeks and I am finally getting my two days off. I know that I said I was taking weekends off from my blog during the summer and then turned right around and started to get my mojo back on the weekends. Well...., this weekend I will NOT be posting anything on my blog as I intend to spend each day with my family enjoying the summer. :D I can not believe that it is almost the end of July. I enjoy having my kids out of school and at home. ( I know, I am weird...)
I hate that it is only a little over one month and they will be back at school. This year they are both 7th graders. :O(
Ok, let me get to another reason why I am so happy this morning. Yesterday when I got home from work Jerry had put an Airmail package on my desk. Yes! It was my first ever Lil Lolita stamp. I won 80's Sookie off of their blog hop a few weeks ago and I just got her. I cooked dinner (as quick as I could) and sat right down to mount her on cling foam and get busy with her. I hope you like it. I was in the mood for wild colors and something just slightly out of my comfort zone. (She just screams fun!) You would not believe how long it took me to take my pictures due to the florescent green ribbon that I used. It was already dark outside and I just could not get the ribbon to not glow with or without the flash.. I finally got it though. Big Smile again! I have to admit that I rushed this card because I was so excited to play, so after it was all done I came up with a different way that I want to use her on a card. Well, I'll just have to make another card next week. lol... Have a great weekend everyone and I will talk at you Monday.
Hugs, Lisa G
Supplies-
stamps-Lil Lolita-80's Sookie-Tickled Pink Stamps
cs-white & raspberry fizz-PTI
rub-ons- Karen Foster (I think)
circle tags
ribbon-details & Accessories
boarder punch-MS
Dazzles-Hey Cupcake!-Hot off the Press
Copic Markers:
skin-E50-E51-R20
eyes & mouth-B66-B63 & R02-R24
hair-YR24-YR21-Y21
everything else-RV04-RV02-YG23-YG21-C9-C7-C5
atyou Spica -00clear-12silver-04orange-23pitch black & 02pink

5 comments:

Angela said...

Oh she is so adorable, totally one rockin chick!!! I love the colors and look at her hair!!! I can see you have been praticing!! She looks great!!
Have a wonderful weekend with your family!! My kids only have 1 more week off from school then they go back Aug.2!! I am so not looking forward to it!! They just haven't really had a summer!!
Well gotta get back to work!! And congrats on winning Sookie!!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Cindy Haffner said...

oHHHH SHE IS fabulous!!

Amy said...

I think the fluorescent green suits Sookie, awesome color scheme! This is so pretty and full of energy, I love it Lisa! Now you'll be able to play along with the Li'l Lolita challenges!
It's scary how fast this summer is going by so you have to enjoy all the weekends you can! :)

Anonymous said...

She is a cute one...you did a great job on her. I thought you might want to check out the Studio Calico blog...they have a tutorial on Faux Washi Tape and you were the first person I thought of when I read it! Enjoy your weekend sweet lady!
Tracy

Crafty Jenn said...

Great coloring job on your new Lolita! She looks so fun! Nothing better than a FREE stamp!

Hope you've enjoyed your weekend. Nice and hot one I bet. It reached around 85 on this side of the pass.

Take care!
Jenn