Followers

Saturday, December 14, 2013

HO HO HO!!!



Hello...
      Do you feel that frost in the air?  Do you feel that Wonderful feeling that can only mean that Christmas is on it's way?    Well, for some reason I am finally starting to feel that Christmas Cheer.  Could be that my car is finally all fixed and running like a brand new car, or it could be that the M&Ms,  Jerry and I are all going to put up our Christmas tree in the morning and that is one of my all time favorite days of the year.  Whatever the reason I am so happy to be feeling it.  I am thinking that it is the fact that I love anything that has to do with my family so, I am pretty sure that much like a child, I can not wait to decorate our home tomorrow and listen to Christmas songs and drinking Hot Chocolate while we spend family time together.    :O)   lol..
     I was watching Kristina Werner's  Christmas Card Series on  YouTube yesterday when she made a card with gold embossed dots on it to show her friends it could be done.  After watching her video (here),  I wanted to try it myself and see (if I embossed my cardstock with the embossing folder first) if  my results would be any different.  I don't think it worked any better, but I really wanted to complete my card as I was having such a good time and not worrying that the overall look was not perfect.  :O)  Yes, I am a perfectionist.  Not perfect mind you, but OMG, I am such a perfectionist in a non perfect world.  hehe.... I do however make myself  let go from time to time and just go with it.  This card is a  'just go with it'  kind of card and I will admit that I really love how it turned out.
     I grabbed my Jerome the gnome stamp from 'PaperSmooches'  and let him play Santa on this one.  As he was going to take the place of the Big Guy he needed to have a rosy nose, so I used my Glossy Accents to help his nose shine all the more.  I love how that turned out.  lol... Yep, overall I am pretty happy with how my non-perfect card turned out.
      So if you have the time,  I want to send out the challenge to you guys to pick someones card technique or video that you like and make that card your own.  I would love to see what you come up with and see what you think of how your card comes together.  Try it, I am sure you are going to LOVE IT!
     Well, I am off to make a couple more Holiday cards before I run out of time.  I hope you are all are having a great weekend.
     Ok, that's all from me tonight.   By the way I would love to know what you think of my new look with just a little teaser at the top of my post?  I think I kind of like it, but still trying to get used to taking that extra picture.  lol... Really I just wanted to change it up just a little bit.  Talk at you later.
Hugs Lisa G








 Supplies:
stamps-Jerome-PS, Quinn's ABCs-LF & Big Christmas Wishes-AmyR
cs-Dark Chocolate & Pure Poppy-PTI
embossing folder-Seeing Spots-Cuttlebug-PV
ink-VersaMark
embossing powder-Super Fine Detail-Gold-Ranger & White-HA
satin ribbon-Stash
Copic Markers:
skin-E50-E51-R20
lips & nose-R20-R22-R32 & Glossy Accents
Santa's Suite-R35-R39-E19-RV29
Boots-T10-T7-C8-B9 & Wink of Stella-Black

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Lisa..I watched KW this morning too and love what you have done with your card. The background is fantastic and love your little Santa...aren't you a clever clogs..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

Hi Lisa!
Just popped in to say HEY :):):) Love your latest creations. Excellent coloring as always. This little Santa's really cute too... Makes me smile. Hope all is well with you and yours. And your fur babies.
Hugs,
Lisa

Sammy said...

LOVE the background! Looks gorgeous to me, especially teamed with such a fab image! I think the gold works superbly.

I'm struggling to get into the Christmas spirit as usual, probably because I'm all Christmassed out already... This tends to happen when the Christmas stuff and decorations go up in the shops on the 1st of november, and the Christmas lights in town have been on since september! *sigh*
Oh well, I'll be off to York for my annual Christmas shopping trip on Tuesday, so hopefully I'll find some of the festive feeling then! x

Amy said...

That gnome makes for such a cute little Santa and wowzers on the gold embossed background... that looks amazing! With all the fun you are having with that heat gun it is tempting me to pull mine out and play too! :)