Followers

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Merry Christmas...

Hi guys.

     Well, here we are once again, Monday is knocking at our door.  I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend and that you have an even better week to come.  Our weekend was very busy and very quick what with a new baby being added to the family and all.  :O)  He is so sweet!  No lies he just loves to be held and snuggled.
     Ok, let me get to my card for today.  I didn't get to much crafting done weekend, but I woke up Saturday morning with this design for a Christmas card in my head that I really wanted to do, so I got up and before I even put on a pot of coffee or took my shower I just went to town on this one.  I also seemed to remember that The Greeting Farm's FFF for this week was to make a card with the idea of 'Make It Sparkle'.  Well, I wanted to make this card with a ton of snowflakes and of course all snowflakes sparkle and if you add a little touch of bling in the center of them they sparkle all the more.  Right?
     I pulled out the  'Sparkling Season' stamp set from TGF's release last year, and because I am getting braver with my stamping and this set is made from photopolymer I was able to cut apart the individual snowflakes as well as the sentiment that goes with it.  I also wanted you to really see my snowflakes, so again, (due to my new found bravery lol ) I used some Versmark and fine white embossing powder to make this card.
     I am not sure why, but lately I have been wanting to use my stamps and supplies in different ways from what they were intended for.  I guess for me I wanted to make this Greeting Farm card from an image that didn't have an Anya or Ian (an image that you don't have to color)  on it just to show that even if you don't like to color or you can't color you can still purchase their awesome stamps and get great results with any of their stamps.
     I hope you all like my little wintry card, as I really had a great time making it.  I also hope that it does qualify for the 'Make it Sparkle' Farm Fresh Challenge over on the Greeting Farm blog.
     Ok guys, I am off to bed as I have work in the morning. No rest for the weary these days.  lol...Oh well,  the mechanic is suppose to pick my car up at work and make her all better before I get off, so wish me luck on that front.
      I have a small (make your own enamel dots tutorial) for you all tomorrow that my DD helped me to take pictures of.  Until then, have a wonderful day and I will talk at you later.
Hugs Lisa G










 Supplies:
cs-Neenah Solar White & Spring Rain-PTI
stamps-Sparkling Season-TGF, Frosties, Critters in the Snow-LF & Clearly Sentimental about Audrey Hepburn-MFT as well as Big Christmas Wishes-Amy R Stamps
ink-Versamark
embossing powder-Fine White-HA
gems-my stash

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love the design Lisa and the beautiful blue.The snowflakes are just gorgeous..so crisp...fabulous card.
Isn't it always the same?...we get on our feet only to have them slapped out from under us with car trouble..dog trouble..any kind of trouble..lol..hope your car gets sorted out...take care.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sammy said...

Such a lovely card, love the colour!
Fingers crossed the car behaves itself! Ours decided to start up with us yesterday too... the battery has almost had it, so it doesn't like short journeys. Easier said than done when you're trying to help your brother-in-law move! x

Amanda R said...

Oh, how lovely and elegant! I can't wait to see your tutorial as I can't find those darn things around here at all and I must be really behind cause I didn't know you got a new kitty! Gotta go read some more posts now!

Kristina said...

Great card love it

Rachel Parys said...

Very pretty!! What a great CAS card!!! So glad you could join us for the TGF challenge!

A Little Bit of Lovely said...

I LOVE this, so simple and elegant and beautiful! Cant wait to see what else you come up with you have a new follower!

Amy said...

This card is so soft and pretty, just like a winter snowfall. Not that we've had one yet and with Christmas almost here I actually wouldn't mind seeing a bit of the white stuff. ;)
Love this Lisa!