Followers

Saturday, December 21, 2013

the wonder of Christmas...





Hello my friends.
     I sure hope that everyone is feeling the Christmas Spirit.  I am so sorry for being MIA these last few days.  I have been so busy between work, making Christmas socks for work and getting the car fixed along with a new boyfriend for Madison that I don't think I have even sat down at my desk since last weekend.  :O)
     So, even though I haven't had a moment to rest I did manage to make a few cards last weekend that I really wanted to share with everyone before Christmas was over.  You might have guessed that I have still been a bit addicted to my poinsettia dies as well as heat embossing.  With that being said I wanted to make a second card out of my dies and go with a more dusty rose color flower.  I did just that and I have to say that I really love how this card came out.  It isn't quite as elegant looking as my white flowered card, more like a  Country Christmas feel to it.  I love this feeling.   It really reminds me of the movie "The Family Stone" . Not sure what it is about that movie, but I just love it and I love how the family unit in the movie just all seem to have  each others' backs no matter what.  For me I think that is what family should be like.  lol...  I know, I tend to go on an on and get very sentimental this time of year.  Sorry, you will only have to endear this side of my for a couple more weeks !!!?... I don't know, but I am sure that if you've seen it and liked it, you know what I am talking about.
     Anyway, if your not too busy these next three days, I .do have a couple more cards to share and a little bit of nostalgia to share with you come Christmas Morning.  Until then, I hope you all have a Safe and Blessed Christmas.
     Talk at you tomorrow. Merry Christmas!
Hugs, Lisa G


I used my VersaMarker for the squiggly lines as I had a little ink come off of my block when I stamped the
sentiment.  I like how it turned out as you wouldn't know it happened if I hadn't told you.  :O)  




Supplies:
stamps-the wonder of Christmas-SNS-Amy Young & Handy Christmas Greetings-AmyR
cs-Spring Moss & Autumn Rose-PTI & brown-The Paper Studio
dp-eskimo kisses-BasicGrey
Spellbinders-Layered Poinsettia
Beautiful Bling-from Steph-"Thank You so much"
inks-Onxy Black-Versafine ,  Versamark & Moonlight White
embossing powder-Magic Moon Pearls-Lindy's StampGang

6 comments:

mousekemom said...

Lisa,
This is just too pretty! (BTW, I love The Family Stone - one of my favorite Christmas movies - I laugh every time.) Thank heavens my Maggie isn't boy crazy - she is in the "it's awkward that a boy likes me" stage. All I can say is Good Luck! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Rachel Parys said...

That poinsettia is gorgeous!! I need to look for something like that on my Cameo!!! Such a pretty card!! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas my friend!!!!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Lisa...the poinsettia is beautiful..wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year 2014..

luv CHRISSYxx

Amy said...

That BG paper is some of my all time fave Christmas prints and I love how you've used it on this card, it's really lovely Lisa!

Lisa said...

Hi, Lisa!
Happy New Year to you and your family:) Hope all is well.
Hugs,
Lisa

Lisa said...

Ps... Your Christmas cards turned out wonderful.