Followers

Sunday, May 11, 2014

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY...

Good morning all.




     I wanted to start this post with a Happy Mother's Day to my Mom and to all of you mothers out there. I hope you all have a wonderful day with your families.  I won't be able to see my Mom today and as you all know Jerry's Mom pasted away just this last February, so I really wanted my Mom to know just how much she means to the both of us.

This part is just for you Mom:
     I can't tell you how much I love you with just those three words, but I hope that you know it anyway.  Just to give you a little idea here is a very small list of just a few of the reasons why.   I can think of so many nights that I was allowed to stay up late with you and watch movies while everyone else was fast asleep.  I remember all the times we went out just the two of us on my Birthday to share a great Chinese lunch. :O)  Yep, I am getting hungry just thinking about it.  I also remember when you lost your Mom and how sad you were.  If only I could have done anything to make it all better for you. I can remember all the times you let us have pets that we really didn't need to have and I can remember all the times you would sit and listen to me complain when I had a bad day at work or with a boy.
      Sorry I won't be able to see you today, but just know that I will be thinking of you and all the wonderful times we have had together. I love it when you think of something at 4am and know that it is ok to text me even though I have to get up at 5:30... lol... Or that you answer the phone at 3am just to listen to me tell you something funny that the M&Ms have done or of the new cat we couldn't live without was being weird and I just have to share it with you at that moment. lol...   Yes, I love that I got your crazy and I love that you picked the Best Man in the world to marry and spend your life together with.  I love that you give me a great Dad in doing so.  I hope that you have a wonderful day and because I know that you love yellow roses I hope that you know these were made just for you. They may not smell as wonderful as the ones Dad bought you, but they come from my heart just as much.  I love you and I am so thankful that God made you my Mom.    
      I also want to wish all of my followers that are Moms a Happy Mother's Day as well.  If you can call your Mom or give her a hug today.  As a Mom myself I can't think of a better job in the world.
Have a great day all and I will talk at you tomorrow.
Hugs Lisa G


 Just a little about this card. Everything on it with the exception of the darken parchment paper was made out of Natural White Neenah Card Stock.  I wanted to be able to use my inks and get the specific colors on the roses and everything else.  I used a whole lot of dies and I used my new Tim Holtz round blending tools.  I love how it turned out and I hope you guys do as well.

I just loved how my parchment paper looks and I was getting ready to toss it for a new sheet when I felt like it really looked like old paper and has a bit of a see through look to it.  I had to use Glossy Accent to get it to stay put, but that is ok as I just hid it behind things.  :O)

I took a close up of the roses as I used my Wink of Stella after I was all done with my card just to give them a hint of sparkle.  In real life it really look very nice.  I think I just might be getting rid of or putting away all my ink daubers as these work so well. 


Supplies:
cs-Natural white-Neenah
parchment paper-used to melt beads
stamps-Alison Wong-Hampton Art, Double Vision 2011-ditto & Happy Everything & Make Lemonade-LF
Glossy Accents-Ranger
Wink of Stella-Thank you again, Steph!
Stamp positioner-AmyR's recommendation-Thanks Amy,  Finally used it. LOVE IT!
dies-corner bow-Memory Box 2012, Timeless Rectangles-Spellbinders & Rolled Rose-mini, Royal Leaves-MFT
inks-Bamboo Leaves, New Sprout, Cantaloupe & Dadelion-Memento
circle sponge daubers-Tim Holtz  (LOVE these, I can't recommend them enough!!!)

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

BEAUTIFUL Lisa..stunning yellow flowers and gorgeous card design..loved your story on your memories of why you love your Mum..have not got mine anymore but think of her every day.I had a lovely day..lots of chores done for me and wonderful food..and now it is Monday morning 5.30am and I'm still FULL..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Denice said...

Very pretty and with a well stated sentiment.
Hope you had a fun filled and much appreciated Mother's Day!
:Dxx

Amy said...

What a lovely card for your mother to treasure! I can see all of the love and care that you put into this for her. I hope your own Mother's Day was just as special Lisa. :)