Followers

Monday, June 27, 2011

GOD BLESS AMERICA....






Good morning my friends. 
     I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was a short one as you know, but I am not complaining.  I have a very long weekend coming up starting on Thursday afternoon and I can not wait!  I didn't even realize that this coming weekend was the 4th of July until my Mom called me to see if we were going to have a pool party and watch the fireworks from down town in our back yard.   We live just one block over from the lake, so we get a really great shot of the fireworks each year.   I am hoping that the hot weather holds out so that we can swim and watch the awesome display that the town puts on each year. 
   Speaking of the 4th of July TGF's  Farm Fresh Challenge blog has a 4th of July challenge this week.  They are making it so that everyone can play by making the challenge about making anything patriotic for where ever you call home.  Isn't that fantastic?   As you all know I have been making my Greeting Farm Calender this year and I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to make my page for July.  (After all I almost forgot June, so I thought I would be a head this time.)
At first thought I was going to make something to do with the M&Ms' Birthdays as they are on July 30th and July 31st.  However when I read about this challenge I knew right away what I wanted to do.  
    I had just won some awesome blog candy from Danni and in it was the 6x6 paper pad from BoBunny called the Liberty Collection.  I immediately fell in love with the paper that had the American flag swaying in the wind.   I used my computer to print out God Bless America,  Land that I Love on the paper it's self. (Very proud of myself to figure out how to do this. lol..)  I then wanted to have a couple of things that America means to me.  The very first thing that comes to my mind is our Military and all the men and women that have and do fight for the very freedom that I enjoy every day of my life.  That meant that Soldier Ian had to go on my calender.  Then I thought well,  my Great Grandparents all came to the United States through New York.  Of course that meant that they all would have seen the Statue of Liberty  there holding her torch.   I didn't have a Statue of Liberty Anya, so Princess Anya no 3 helped out to be a stand in.   I have to admit that I LOVE how she turned out.   I then felt the need to show what that freedom means to me.  I ask Twirl Anya if she would like to help me out by holding a flag and celebrating this awesome holiday of ours.  I made her a flag out of a toothpick and some paper form WeR MemoryKeepers.  I think she reminds me of all the little girls and boys that have grown up enjoying fireworks and bar-b-ques with their families every year. 
     Sorry for the long post everyone.  I just really wanted to talk about what my calender page means to me and not just three Greeting farm stamps thrown on a piece of paper. lol...  I hope you like it and I hope you all have a wonderful week. 
Hugs, Lisa G

Supplies:
stamps - Soldier Ian, Princess Collection no. 3 & Twirl Anya-TGF
cs-Neenah
dp-Liberty Collection-BoBunny & Yankee Doodles-WeR MemoryKeepers
sheer ribbon-details & accessories
rhinestones-white & red, blue made with B99-Kaiser Scrapbook
computer font-Vivaldi @24 & 22
Copic Markers:
Soldier Ian
skin-E50-E51-E53
hair-E77-E74-E71
uniform-E87-E81-E55-E57-E59

Statue of Liberty Princess
skin-E50-E51-E53-R20
hair-YR0000-YR23-Y23-Y32
torch & gown-BG75-BG72-BG11
flame-E17-E15 & orange peel, diamond Stickles

Twirl Anya
skin-E50-E51-R20
hair-YR0000-YR23-Y32-Y23
shirt & shoes-R37-R46 & diamond stickles
jean shorts-B99-B97

7 comments:

Tasha said...

Wow this is fantastic. i totally love your fab altering - thats awesome!
love tasha xx

Larisa said...

It is cute! Love all the images - the colouring is great!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh so ADORABLE!!~

Amy said...

I think this is my favorite calendar page yet, Lisa! Love your Statue of Liberty...genius altering! And the story to go along with the whole page was a wonderful read! Have fun during your long 4th of July weekend! :)

faithnme said...

OMG.. Lisa I think that this is just FAB..Wow it turned out soo Awesome.. I love how your altered Princess Anya..


Hugs

Emma said...

WOW Lisa, this is FANTASTIC! I love how much this page means to you and your altering of Princess Anya to be your Statue of Liberty is just GORGEOUS! I love this page and I hope that you and your family have a wonderful 4th of July celebrations!

Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog, you really are a sweetheart!

Jessica Diedrich said...

oh. my. goodness. this is AMAZING, LISA! I think I might have to use this around the 4th on the TGF blog if you don't mind? this is truly FANTASTIC!