Followers

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Celebrate!

Hi guys,
     Wow am I tired.  So I am going to make this a super quick one for you.  Because I am still in the process of making  ordered cards for a couple of my friends and coworkers I needed to make one of them a 4th of July card.  I got to thinking about what stamp and what papers I wanted to use when I remembered my all time favorite paper pad from last year by BoBunny.  I absolutely LOVE this paper with the flag on it and the muted red, white and blue colors.  To me it makes the flag look very vintage and it also reminds me of the fact that even if the flag gets worn or tattered a little it still stands for everything that we believe it and for all the men and women that fight everyday for each and everyone of us.   I just love it and really wanted to share it on this card.  
     I also think that little WS-Summer looks like a cute little girl in the middle of summer getting ready for the fireworks that her and her family have gone to the park to see. :O)  I just can't help but smile when I see her.
     Ok guys, that's it for me today.  I have to go to bed as I need to get up and help Jerry re-attach my review mirror on my car as it fell off this morning on the way to work.  We won't get me started on how much I love it when little random things like that happen with cars .  lmbo....
     Have wonderful day.  Talk at you tomorrow. 
Hugs, Lisa G
    

I was going for a firework look with the pearls, but it didn't really come out the way I envisioned it. lol... I also
used the cream pearls and used my  R37 Copic to make them red.





Supplies:
stamps-WS-Summer-Roll Call & Happy Chef-TGF
cs-Neenah, the Paper Studio & Pure Poppy-PTI
dp-Liberty Collection-BoBunny
sheer ribbon-details & Accessories
font-Brandley Hand ITC bold @ 20-Navy
pearls-mini-Doodlebug designs, Inc.- baby boy assortment & Basics by Kaisercrafts
Coluzzle-Star
embossing folder-D'vine Swirls-Cuttlebug-ProvoCraft
Copic Markers:
skin-E50-E51-E53-E95-R20
hair-E35-E57-E59
jean shorts-E45-E41
shirt,  hair bows & shoes -W6-B39-R37-E41
misc-Y0000

4 comments:

Amanda R said...

Sorry about your mirror, bet you jumped a bit when that happened! Adorable card, how cute to put the image on the layered stars. You are so creative, love coming to see what else you have done!

Rachel Parys said...

I LOVE this! Gorgeous background, and she is too cute! Super job girl!

Denice said...

I'm smiling too...summer is adorable in red, white, and blue!

:Dxx

Amy said...

Wonderful card Lisa, Summer is the perfect little patriotic cutie! And I love the idea of using the pearls as the flash of fireworks up in the sky... so clever! :)