Followers

Monday, September 23, 2013

Hey Pumpkin...

REMINDER:

Halloween blog candy....click here!!!


     Hello everyone,  
      I hope that you are all enjoying my Halloween cards.   As most of you already know I am not Copic Certified, I just really love to color and make cards.  It is my way of relaxing after work or on the weekends.      I hope that your week is going well so far and that you all had a great Monday.  I am going to try and make this short as I am tired from a busy work day and an early morning tomorrow as well. 
     So, let's get right to my card.   I have to admit that so far this card is one of my FAVORITES!  You all know that I just love the Creeper Crew stamps from The Greeting Farm and this little 'Sweet and Toxic' is one of my faves.  So with her little skull hairpins all ready to go she just  had to make an appearance on one of my Halloween cards. :O)    I felt that she needed to have red hair as it just kind of goes with the whole Halloween theme.  (All redheads, please don't be offended.  I have a redheaded Sister, Sister-in-law, two nephews and a Great Niece-in-law)  Oh no, I am surrounded!!!  lol...
     Moving on... My card came to be because of this awesome new 6x6 paper pad from Graphic45  that I purchased and really wanted to make a card with.  I thought that 'Sweet & Toxic' really went with the papers,  so I  grabbed an oldy but a goody from BasicGrey, the Graphic45 paper pad and Sweet & Toxic.  Threw then all together and voila.... Instant Halloween card! 
     Ok guys, that's it for me today.  I hope you all have a wonderful evening.  I will talk at you tomorrow. 
Hugs, Lisa G

I forgot to mention that I also made this card to enter it into The Greeting Farm's FFF challenge of paper piecing.  I paper pieced her hairpins and her dress,  I love how they turned out and how it allowed me the ability to make those skulls really shine.  Thanks for stopping by.



I took all of these pictures without a flash.  I am hoping that will help with keeping
the colors more true. Let me know what you think.  I don't want my cards to look dark.
Thanks for the input.  



supplies:
stamps-CC Sweet & Toxic-TGF & Hey Pumpkin-SSS
cs-Neenah solor white classic crest, Licorice Twist-Bazzill & Simply Chartreuse-PTI
dp-Steampunk Spells-Graphic45 & eerie paper pad (2009) -BG
dies-Picot Edge Circles & Standard Circles Small-Spellbinders
Sprinkles-Lilac Assort. & Beetle Black Assort. -doodlebug design inc.
inks-Tuxedo Black & New Sprout-Memento 
black floss-DMC
Copics:
skin-E53-E51-E50
eyes-E25-E29
hair-YR21-E99-E97
skirt-V28-V25-V22-V20-YG93
shoes & socks-V22-V20-YG93-W2-W1
background-E42-E41

11 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome Llsa, love the colour combos and cute stamp.xx

Jo said...

Love her! Paper piecing is so much fun. Awesome job on the card Lisa!

Denice said...

This is one of my fav TGF images...so sweet, never toxic! Love the PP...you found the perfect DP!
:Dxx

Anita said...

Fabulous Halloween card and I love your coloring. Thanks for playing in the FFF paper-piecing challenge.

mousekemom said...

Crazy cute designer paper! OMG, and your Creeper is too cute too.

Amy said...

I can see why this card is a favorite of yours, this is super cute Lisa! I love how Sweet & Toxic's red hair pops against the dark background, she's totally eye catching! :)

Amanda R said...

Well drat, now you have made me want those papers! I love the way you mixed them up, they look great together and I love your red hair, not too bright but packs a great punch!

Tress said...

Lisa, this card is a show stopper!!! Every element works to draw your eyes around the card! Love the paper piecing!

Chrissy said...

Oh! Dear...I have catching up to do...been a bit busy lately, but now it is Friday night...whoo hoo..the weekend is nearly here..and lets start with this cutie.FABulous..love the image and fabulous colouring and love the paper piecing and great papers.

luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

Ooooh, I LOVE how you colored this one and paper pieced. Fabulous!!! Love that sentiment too.

Ayushi Juneja said...

This is fab!! love the colour combo!! :)