Followers

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Tomorrow is Another Day...

Good morning friends.
     I hope that you are all having a great weekend.  My oldest  M&M has been down and out with a cold since Thursday, but he is getting better all snuggled up on the couch these last couple of days.  Thank God for the healing powers of  'Vicks vapor rub' and a little TLC.  :O) 
     So today I thought I'd share a card that I was playing around with last week.. I wanted to make something a little different and use some of my flower dies (that at the time I just had to have).  I think all in all the flowers came out pretty good, but one of these days I am going to breakdown and splurge on the felt that 'MFT' sells. From what I have read and seen on YouTube it the best and everyone just loves how well it die cuts .  Then I think I will LOVE how my flowers turn out. 
     I wanted to keep this a  very simple card, as I have a friend that is going through some things and I wanted to help cheer her up. I didn't realize at the time that I am still obsessed with  anything that looks remotely like an enamel dot. lol... Upon looking at my card this morning I see that I have been using banner cuts a lot as well, but they are so simple to make and they really do look good on a card.
     Ok, that 's all for me today. For my friends that are still enjoying the weekend, have a great Sunday and for those that have already started your work week I hope that it is off and running well. 
Take care everyone and I will talk at you all later.
Hugs, Lisa G



supplies:
stamps-Clearly Sentimental about Audrey Hepburn-free stamp set-MFT
cs-Neenah Natural white
dp-PB&J -BG
bakers twine-stash
dies-rolled roses & rolled roses mini-MFT
leaves-Bitty Blossoms-Spellbinders
enamel dots-Winter Wonderland-MME

4 comments:

Amanda R said...

Okay, I think your flowers are lovely, I can't make a nice rolled rose to save my life. And this card is so pretty but not mushy, or girly, just right for a thinking of you card. MFT has great felt for a great price but I have also gotten some good stuff from etsy, just make sure it is mostly wool not nylon, it cuts the best.

Denice said...

This is such a pretty card Lisa! The flowers and sentiment are sure to cheer your friend!
Hope your M feels better soon!
:Dxx

Tress said...

Your rolled roses are WAY better than any I've made! The card is elegant, but not stuffy. And the enamel dots are the perfect accent (which by the way, I'm now going to have to purchase some, lol).

Amy said...

I agree, your rolled roses came out pretty darn perfect if you ask me! I love how clean this looks with the white background and pops of primary colors. Oh and I'm totally stealing how you used those two colors of twine together... what a cool look! :)