Followers

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

HAVING FUN WITH GEISHA ANYA...


Good morning my fellow Bloggers.  I hope that you all had a wonderful start to your week.  Omword we were busy yesterday at work.  Then I had to come home and pick up Jerry so that we could get some groceries shopping done for the week.  I love having the money to that, but it always lands on a Monday and I don't seem to actually get home and have time to sit down at my desk until sometime after 9pm.  That sure makes for a very long day. 
So,  now that I have my complaining done.  lol... Let me get to my post for today.  We have these beautiful canes that have cherry blossoms on them and they really remind me of oriental art.  We are trying to clearance them out and I said that I would make a sign to go with the sale.  I knew instantly that Geisha Anya was the girl for the job.  I have her in rubber and I knew that would be too small, so I stamped her up scanned her into my computer then I enlarged her.  Wow, did I ever have a blast coloring her then adding the extra to her flower and to her dress.   You can't see it, but I used a gloss on the flowers for her kimono so that they would stand out.  I then used toothpicks cut in half to give her a set of chopsticks for her hair.  I am sorry to sound like I am bragging,  but I really love how she turned out.  In all my rush to take her to work today I forgot to take a picture of the colors that I used.  Sorry. 
Well,  I am off to work so I will talk at you tomorrow.  Hope you all have a good day. 
Hugs, Lisa G

Supplies:
stamp-Geisha Anya-TGF
cs-Neenah & PTI
Spellbinders-Labels Seventeen
flowers-e.Line-Prima
charms & beads-stash
toothpicks
Copic Markers:
skin-E0000-E00-R00
hair-110-C9-C7-C5
kimono-E79-E77-E74-BG13-BG11-BG10-BG0000

7 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

She is PERFECT!!~

My Dollies 3 said...

Oh Lisa, words fail me!!!! She is absolutlely gorgeous. The colors....WOW!!! love ya, Mom

Amy said...

I am in love with how you embellished her head piece... that toothpick and the dangling beads are pure genious Lisa! SO gorgeous!
Here's hoping that today doesn't give you as much of a run around as yesterday and that you are able to sit back and relax for a bit of Glee tonight! ;)

Amanda R said...

Great sign Lisa! I love the flower in her hair with the little charms dangling off. I always grocery shop early (I mean like 7am or earlier) on Sunday mornings cause I can't stand to fight the crowds any other time. Road rage at Walmart is not a pretty site!

Danni said...

I love, love, love how you did her little flower in her hair with the beads...truly so creative and awesome! Fabulous job!

Leanne said...

Beautiful job with her hair piece! I love these colors too.. Gorgeous! :)

Amanda said...

Wow the flower embellishment is perfect with this image.
Well done.

Amanda