Followers

Friday, August 26, 2011

YOU GET A GOLD STAR !














Good Friday morning to ya! 
      So sorry to be missing yesterday, but instead of my half day my boss let me take the whole day as a vacation day so that we could go and get the M&M's school shopping done before everyone else in town hit the stores.  :O)  Huge smile over here.  We all got up at 5:30am and hit the road for our morning walk.  Jerry decided not to feed Sunday until we were just getting ready to leave and that seemed to keep her from following us.  Because I had the extra time we were able to get in another long walk.  That really makes my whole day.  We were back home and ready to go shopping by 8am when most of the stores in this smallish town are just opening.  It was so nice to actually be the first shoppers over at Staples.  On Tuesday after we had registered the kids for school we tried to go there for their supplies and you could barely turn around in that huge store, so we just left.  I am glad that we did it all today.  It was an awesome day and of course we surprised them both with the news that I was home for the whole day and we were going to get this all done and still have the afternoon to play and go swimming.   As you all know I love days like that. 
     Now as I did have the whole day I had time to make a new sign for our store.  After all the fair was last week and you can't have a sign that says it's fair week still up.  lol... We decided that it would be a great idea to go with the whole back to school theme,  so I pulled out Teacher Anya and boy did I have a great time enlarging her and giving her an old time black board to write on with that wonderfully dusty chalk.  I pulled some of  last year's show&tell 4x6 paper pack from WeR Memory Keepers out of my stash to help it look like she had decorated her classroom for her new students and to pull the colors for her outfit.   I am very happy with how this turned out.  It measures 12x12 and I think it will really look great on our display at work.  lol....
     That's all for me today.  I hope that you all have a wonderful Friday and I will talk at you tomorrow. 
Hugs, Lisa G

8 comments:

Amanda R said...

This is brilliant Lisa! Glad you were able to get your shopping done and that Staples still had what you needed after the mad rush on Tuesday. Have a great weekend!

Emma said...

Wow Lisa, I love how you have used Teacher Anya for your sign, she looks Awesome!

Sounds like you guys all had a Fabulous day together. It is so nice when this happens. I had a day like this today. My hubby ended up being home for the day and so we went out for brunch with our youngest and then went and watched our daughter playing basketball at school. It was a great day!

♥Rach♥ said...

Super cute, love her chalkboard!!!

Denice said...

How fun that you get to use your images for work...another way to use them, very clever girlie!

Have a great Friday and now you can kinda/sorta relax knowing most of the school shopping is done.

:Dx

Amy said...

Your signs are awesome Lisa, I bet you have people coming in just to see if you've made a new sign! I love her hair and the old style chalkboard...the dry erase boards are just not the same.
It's so nice you were able to have a great family day before summer is over and school starts, those days are so special!

Chrissy said...

So glad you enjoy your family time so much...you are very lucky to have it. Gorgeous sign, her hair is beautiful...ooo...the sun just went behind a cloud...thought I had gone blind...lol...cant see now, have to turn a light on.
Have a great weekend.....

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sharon said...

Very cute Lisa. I hope no one rips her out. She's too cute.

Cindy Haffner said...

Lisa how SWEET Anya is FABULOUS!!~