Followers

Monday, February 27, 2012

How I store my Copics and Memento Inks...

Hi guys. 
     Even though I am not feeling tip top this weekend I still wanted to get this post scheduled for Tuesday so that I could finally answer the question that a lot of you have been asking me lately.  lol..  "How do I store my Copics?"   I know that right next to coloring with my pens and watching YouTube videos on how others use their Copics  is seeing how everyone stores them.  Yes, I love to see how everyone stores their Copics, and  AmyY was nice enough to ask if I would share mine with her to put on the Color Me Copic blog.   You can see how Amy and a few other ladies store theirs as well.  (Thanks Amy,  as you can see I had a great time taking my pictures.  heehee...)
     So let's get to it.   Unfortunately shelving units  that I use to hold my Sketches in are no longer being made,  The people from Quickutz came out with them to store the little dies inside pull out boxes that could be purchased separately.  I'm  sure you all remember them.  The units ran about $20 each and the metal boxes with name plaits ran about $10 for three and came in  pink, brownish tan or white.   It took me about two mouths to finally get two units.    I had ordered them from three different web stores (including Overstock.com) only to be told a week later that they were out of stock.  If  memory serves me right I ended up getting both of these off of Ebay.  They are somewhat heavy and I will admit that I overpaid on the shipping because I wanted them soooooo much.  :O)  You all know what I am talking about. lol..  Admit it. 

    
I love that I can separate the different color families and still have more room left over for when I finally have my collection completed.  The drawers on the bottom come in handy for storing my airbrush system and any extra nibs and whatnot.  Overall I am quite satisfied with this set up.  When they were available they came in both white and black.  Black seemed to be easier to get, but I really wanted it to be white to go with my carousel from Michael's that my wonderful Sister-in-law & Brother brought to Moses Lake for me on one of their visits. 
     When I first started to collect Copic markers I used little wooden boxes in one of my scrapbooking tool totes.  It worked great, but then I ran out of room. I now use the wooden boxes to store the Various refills in.  They are stored in my three drawer rolling card that I purchased at Lowe's  a very long time ago.  It sits right next to my desk so that it is in easy reach.  lol...  Are you bored yet?
As you can see I don't have a lot of the refills yet, but I
grab a few more as both my Daughter and I end up
needing them. 
     I also have a few on the Memento inks that I use for my card making.  Thanks AmyR for all the great ideas on using these inks.  I love how it adds such depth to my projects.  I have about 18 different colors now and because I love to use them a lot I found these awesome little storage containers at Rite-Aid about two weeks ago in their dollar section.  I ended up picking up 8.  Right now I have three boxes on top of my Copic storage and I can use the rest of of them to separate all of my buttons by color as well.  That idea I got from watching AmyY make one of her cards on YouTube.  Here is a quick picture of the Dew Drops.  I read somewhere that they should be stored upside down, so that is what I do.  If you know something better let me know.  Each drawer holds on Dew Drop and a dauber to go with it.

You can check out my Copic storage in the post below this one as blogger would't let me add anymore picutures.  :O) 
Hugs, Lisa G




3 comments:

Chrissy said...

WOWSER!!look at them all..I have one set of 24 pencils..lol..love the shelves with the drawers, very cute...I could hide my chocolates in there..thanks for sharing Lisa...hope you feel better soon...again...if I keep saying it, it might work...
Take care..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Rachel Parys said...

Ahh..rub it in! I wish those little cubbies were still available! Lucky girl!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Storage my friend