Followers

Saturday, February 2, 2013

FFF -Ribbon and/or Lace challenge...

Hi guys.
     I have so many things that I want to share with all of you, but just in case you really just want to see my card today and not have to suffer through all my prattle,  (lol)  I will get to my card first thing.
     When I came home last night from work I was checking out The Greeting Farm blog and read what this weeks challenge was and  I had the perfect idea  jump into my head.
     I pulled out my Blush Heart stamps from The Greeting Farm and stamped them out on some Pure Poppy card stock with my Lady Bug Red  Memento ink just to make them that much more redder.  I then fussy cut them out and used my Tuxedo Black ink pen to outline them.  My thought is that they are stamps after all and why not let them be the focal point of my card.  :O)  I then grabbed some of my Washi tape as accents and a little ribbon with some gems to add a little sparkle.  You can't really tell from my pictures, but I used some foam dots to pop up the hearts and I think this one is good to go. My idea was to make a card look like the ones I used to make for my Mom and Dad when I was little.  You remember those, right? lol...   Anyway, I am very happy with how this turned out and I really had fun using these stamps in such a different way.
      Because the hearts are stamps I am going to enter this card  in this week's Farm Fresh Challenge over on The Greeting Farm Blog.
 




Supplies:
stamps-Blush Heart-TGF & Happy Everything-LF
cs-Neenah classic crest solar white & Pure Poppy, True Black-PTI
seam binding-stash
Washi Tape
gems-KaiserCraft
inks-Lady Bug & Tuxedo Black-Memento
edge distresser-Heidi Swapp
Months of the year sticker pack-The Paper Studio












     Ok, now if you have hung in there with me I have a couple of very exciting things to share with all of you guys.  First off is the fact that I have finally reached 150 subscribers and I can not tell you how much each and everyone of you means to me.  :O)  Truly you are all just fantastic and it always makes my day to come home and read all of your wonderful comments. I am trying to decided what I want to do to celebrate this with you all, but when I do decide I will be sure and let you all know.  In the meantime ":Thank You all from the bottom of my HEART"
    The second thing I wanted to share is small, but a very fun thing that Jerry and I did with the M&Ms last night.  You see Madison is obsessed with the fact that when she gets a car she wants to buy a Mini Cooper. (Yes, my Daughter thinks she is rich!) However, she is smart and has already started to save for it.   Anyway, the car lot that we bought my car from has had one sitting on their lot for the last couple of weeks, so we went over and asked if we could test drive it.  They were very nice and let us drive it around for a little bit.
     It is a little red one with a white roof, and it really is a very cute car and I must say really fun to drive.  It is a stick and I haven't driven one in a couple of years, so I really had a great time driving it.  Anyway, the whole point of sharing this is the fact that you would think we had taken Madison to Disney Land.  She was so happy to be in it and to get the chance to drive around in her dream car.  She came home and started texting  all her friends to let them all know about it.  She has to wait a couple more years before she is old enough to drive, but at least she is getting an idea for what she wants and what it is going to take for her to get it.
      If you've made it this far I thank you for letting me carry on.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I will talk at you later.
Hugs, Lisa G

6 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Lisa, so lovely to read your post today. It was nice to hear about Madison's joy when you took the car for a test drive.
Your card is gorgeous. I love the design and wonderful colours
I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
Hugs Sue

Rachel Parys said...

Very pretty! Perfect Valentine's Day card!! Thanks for joining the TGF challenge!!

Mary J said...

Great card, Lisa! Love the way you used the tape (I haven't got my head around this stuff yet!) and the doodling is fab!

Congrats on your subscribers! Not surprised though - it's always a pleasure to come and visit you! The Mini sounds like a lot of fun to drive!

Chrissy said...

I used to get picked up in a mini a few years ago, when I was a girl [ahem]..okay, a lot of years ago..lol..and always had difficuly getting out, had to unfold my 5ft 10" frame was not always easy, but love those little cars, and hope the saving and the dream come quickly..gorgeous card too Lisa,hope you are all having a great weekend..I'm on day 2 of it, off to see clients then free till lunchtime...once she is sorted I'm free for the rest of the afternoon till 4 and off I go again..oh! Bliss..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Denice said...

Awwww...such a super card, a nice way to say thanks.

Yay for Madison riding in her dream car...I hope she took pix!

:Dxx

Amanda R said...

Your card is very sweet and kudos to Madison for knowing what she wants and working towards it.