Followers

Sunday, February 10, 2013

You & Me...

    Hi guys,
     I hope you have all had a great weekend.  I had a very nice but quick one,  I also had good intentions of getting a few cards made, but alas that didn't really happen. :O)
     I did however manage to get this simple, but very cute Valentine's Card made for Madison to give to her boyfriend.  As they have only been dating just a few weeks she wanted it to be a sweet card, but not overly mushy.  lol..
     At first I was going to pull out a couple of my Greeting Farm stamps, but then I found this awesome card by Leslie Webster in the Jan/Feb. 2013 Paper crafts magazine.  I thought is was just perfect when I ran across it, and when I showed it to Maddie she thought so as well.
     On Leslie's card she stitched around the outside border, but I really didn't want to bring out my machine and I didn't have any brown thread, so I grabbed my Momento pen and made some faux stitches that I think turned out ok, cut I think I would have liked to have sewed it.  Ggggrrr.  
     All in all this was a really fun card to put together and it really didn't take me too long to do it either.  I even pulled out my heart shaped Coluzzle and made a couple of hearts for the center of my card.  It is always fun for me when I get a chance to pull out tools that I just had to have and really haven't used in forever.  :O)  If you want to check out Leslie's card  remember it is in the Jan/Feb. 2013 issue of Paper crafts magazine on page 33.  I hope it is ok to CASE this card as I really think the whole card is just so sweet.
    Have a wonderful Monday everyone and I will talk at you later.
Hugs, Lisa G




supplies:
stamps-Happy Everything-LF
cs-Desert Storm-Neenah , Dark Chocolate & Pure Poppy-PTI
dp-Basic Manila-BG
Heart Shape-Coluzzles
Heart Punch-Carl Crafts
Spellbinders-page images-Office supplies
label maker-DYMO
Inks-Tuxedo Black, Lady Bug & Rich Cocoa-Memento
Rich Cocoa pen-Memento Pen

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

Awww..first love, cute card..makes me all warm and fuzzy...fantastic card Lisa..simple and SO meaningful.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

This so beautiful Lisa. I love the design and your faux stitching looks fabulous.
Hugs Sue

Amanda R said...

Very cute Lisa and I agree, perfect card for a young couple. I really like the notebook edge too! Happy Valentines Day by the way in case we don't chat before then!

Mary J said...

Very clever, Lisa! I love how you used the space and the stitching brilliant!

Hope you are having a lovely weekend honey!

Denice said...

HaHa...I pulled out my Colluzle for my project for today, too funny! I couldn't bear to part with my heart templates...but you can completely relate to that, right?!! Such a sweet card, love the simplicity of it!
:Dxx

Amy said...

Awww, this card totally makes me smile... as does hearing that Madison has her first sweetie! I think your faux stitching looks great and love that you pulled out the ol' coluzzle too! :)