Followers

Friday, February 1, 2013

Thinking of you...

Happy February first everyone!
     Can you believe that it is already February?  Where oh where does the time go?   I can not believe that my M&Ms are already into their second semester of High School.  :O)
     Thank you everyone for the well wishes yesterday.  Mitchell and I both headed back to school and work and we are both feeling a lot better as of this morning.
     So, I think as I still need to get ready for work I had better get right to my card for today.  This is one of those cards that I really just put together as I wanted to play around with a few of my stamps that hadn't been inked up yet.  I grabbed my new  WS - Gracie from The Greeting Farm and then I pulled out this cute frame from  Lawn Fawn that I have had for at least two months and still had not used.  Once I put them together it reminded me of looking at a picture of an old friend and how you might start to thinking about that friend. With that in mind I decided to make this a 'Thinking of You'  kind of card.
     I also wanted to leave the picture as my focal point, so I left the rest of my card pretty simple and you'll even notice that I didn't even use a gem for the whole card.  Yes, I did use one little enamel dot so it would look like a tack in the wall where the picture hangs.  :O)   I really had fun with this one and with the fact that the whole card was really made just for me to color and not have a specific need in mind.  It is fun from time to time to just play and not worry about it going to someone or for that matter being made for anyone else.  :O)
     Hope you like it and I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.
Take care and I will talk at you tomorrow.
Hugs, Lisa G





supplies:
stamps-WS-Gracie-TGF & Fanciful Frames-LF
cs-Neenah classic crest solar white & desert storm
dp-Miss Caroline-Dilly Dally-MME
enamel dots-Winter Wonderland-MME
computer font-Candy Buzz @ 14& 20
Spellbinders-Ribbon Banners
crinkled seam binding-stash
Copic Markers:
skin-E50-E51-E53-R20
hair-E31-E35-E57-E59
eyes-YG97-YG93
hat-BG57-BG53
shirt, jacket & leaves-YG17-YG03
rose-R27-R24
background-YR31
frame-T7-T4 & at you Spicas-06melon, 03red,21lipstick & 08turguoise

8 comments:

Denice said...

So glad to hear your feeling better, it's been a long winter of bugs and germs!

WS Gracie is adorable, I just love how you framed her...simply wonderful!
:Dxx

Mary J said...

She's so gorgeous, Lisa! The colours and how you did her eyes are fab!

Yay, you're feeling better!!

Sue said...

Awwww such a delightful image and I love the layout and colours
I am really pleased that you are feeling better.
Take care
Hugs Sue

Danni said...

So so cute!!! Love this!!

Rachel Parys said...

She is so darn adorable! Love her framed pic, it's perfect! Awesome work my friend, TGIF!!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Lisafabulous colouring and papers, love it.
So glad you are all feeling better..not good when everyone down with one bug or another...have a great weekend and take care..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Amy said...

Super cute card, Lisa! Love how you've got Gracie as a picture, so clever as a thinking of you card!
Glad you and Mitchell were able to get back to work and school, hope it wasn't too much for you guys!

Amanda R said...

So cute and I love how you added the string and button (?) at the top like it is hanging on a wall. You are always so creative, mixing and matching stuff, love to see what you come up with!