Followers

Friday, January 21, 2011

HAPPY 2011...







Hi guys.
Well it is finally Friday and I have to admit that I was a tad bit more excited yesterday than I am today. As I mentioned yesterday we are getting back our freezing weather and I have to say that as of yesterday morning at about 7:20am I don't like it at all. Jerry went out to start the car for me yesterday so that I could take the M&M's to school and go to work. Great guy! Anyway, when we got in the car the blower on the heater had decided to quit. Yes, you guessed it. I have no heater to defrost the front window or drive the kids to school in warmth. I have to wait until I get off work today for Jerry to try and fix it in the daylight. Keep your fingers crossed that he can come up with something. I get in a very BAD mood when I have to drive in a cold car. heehee I just can't help myself. So, I am not looking forward to the trip to work this morning. :O(
Ok, so today I don't have a card to share with you. Instead I have the front cover to my monthly calender that I am making. I wanted to make the whole calender with my Anya's and Ian's, and I still am but I just couldn't decide on one for the front so I went with a free digi by Ashley Bowen. I just love the birdie on top and I really enjoyed trying out AmyR's idea on how to color in the numbers. You can check out Amy's ideas here.
Well I better get going I have no idea how long it will take to get the car drivable this morning. I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.
Hugs, Lisa G
Supplies:
stamps-free digi-Ashley Bowen
cs-Neenah classic crest solar white & Perfect Plum-Stampin Up
dp-Joy Ride-Cosmo Cricket
boarder punch-MS
paper flowers-MyMoments
gems-MS
Copic Markers:
numbers-V17-V15-V12
bird-BG75-BG72-YR18-E55

4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

What a COOL book!!

Amy said...

I love this cover for your calendars! The colors, papers and that funky, fun bird are all so perfect! The numbers look very cool varigated, too!
Sorry you lost your heater and I hope Jerry can get it going quickly, I think this is worse than losing the AC in my car last summer!

Vee said...

Lisa, sorry to hear about your car. Yes, you would want that blower working as quickly as possible. It is supposed to be absolutely frigid over the weekend. Where's summer. Love your calendar cover. I have big ideas to do the same but since it is almost Feb...why bother? Does that excuse work? I sure hope so...lol

Anonymous said...

You did a great job with this project I really like it, specially choice of color you use.

Lucy =)