Followers

Thursday, July 14, 2011

MELE KALIKIMAKA IN JULY !?!
















Hi guys. 
     No, you didn't fall asleep last night and wake up to the middle of winter.  lol...  The Farm Fresh Challenge blog is having a challenge this week to make a card or project for  'Christmas in July'  and I knew right away that I just had to put two of my favorite things together.     
     As you all know I just love the Cheeky Girls over at The Greeting Farm, so I picked little Cheeky Beach to come out and play.  After all she never gets to put up the Christmas lights or play in the snow.  She does however just LOVE a good palm tree when she is on the beach.  That is why she is playing in the very decorated palm tree that I received from Kris a couple of years ago.  It is actually a Christmas ornament, but I love palm trees and 'Mele Kalikimaka' is one of my all time favorite Christmas songs, so this hangs on my lamp by my desk year round.  lol...
     I was being lazy, so I scanned this into my computer then I printed it out.  So easy, just cut.  Use a some Viva perlen pen-magic transparent on the ornaments that are on the picture add Cheeky and you have yourself a very cute/fun Christmas in July card. 
     Well got to run.  Have work as always.  Talk at you later. 
 Hugs, Lisa G

6 comments:

Mercy's Pages said...

I lOVE it!! I may even use it as my christmas card this year...especially for the part of the family that lives up north...LOL :) Mercy

Leanne said...

Alooohhhaaaa Lisa!! hehe.. This is fabulous! What a wonderful card and idea. That palm tree is gorgeous and Beach looks so happy to be there. Mahalo for sharing and for playing with us! This card makes me want to sing! Love it!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lisa this is so so PRETTY!!~

Amy said...

You are so clever! Cheeky Beach looks very much at home in the palm tree and with you adding the Viva perlen pen touches I never thought you had just printed that part! Awesome Christmas card and for our summer day here it doesn't seem like July at all...it's only 66 degrees and I'm a bit chilly!

Tasha said...

Oh how awesome! Love this idea Lisa! Its so cute and the colours are fab!
love tasha xx

Angela said...

First Amy's post.. OMGosh I wish it was 66 degree's here. It is about 95 with a heat index of 110 to 115 and it's been that way all week.
So now onto your card. Lisa this is awesome. I love the Palm Tree decoration you used and the way she is perched on top of it. Oh and that shimmery paper is beautiful. Hope you have been able to enjoy your pool and get a lot of swim time in. Thank you for all your sweet comments. I love opening up my comments and seeing you have been by. Hope you have a great weekend and that you don't have to work too much.
Hugs:)
Angela