Followers

Friday, July 8, 2011

UNDER THE SEA WITH SYREN...




Good morning everyone. 
     It is Friday and I am so happy that it is.  I know this was a short week, but sometimes that almost makes the week drag.  lol....  Nah, just kidding  it was a good week.  I am just looking forward to have some more family time. 
     When I got off work yesterday it was already over 92 degrees outside.   The M&Ms and I were going to hit the pool when Jerry informed me that I needed to give it about 10 more minutes as we were suppose to get hit with 30 mile an hour winds.  :O(  Don't you just hate a know it all?   I honestly think the man should have been a weather man as he is never wrong.  Those winds were blowing and around here in the Desert that means lots of dirt in the air.  No way to enjoy a swim.  Oh well, hopefully tomorrow. 
      However with some non swimming time I was able to actually start my little project and make a great dinner for us all.  As you all know I love, love  CC Syren from the Greeting Farm.  I would have to say that she is my all time favorite.  I wanted to use the wooden plack that I had sprayed with my Moon Shadow -Bluebeard blue violet from Lindy's Stamp Gang.  So I stamped out Syren and blow her up to 4x6.  I had a confetti mix pack from Crafters Square so I decided to see about making her tail look like it actually had scales.  (Mind you I will never use confetti or glitter again.  I have it everywhere. lol...) I then cut up a crocheted doilie that I had purchased from our Dollar Tree and added some little seashells along with some burlap that I sprayed to make it look like part of a coral reef.  I don't have a hot glue gun so I used some of my Glossy Accents along with some of the awesome red tape that I had purchased from Jodi to put everything together.  Mind you I am a Card Maker/Scrapbooker, so this is all new to me.  :O)   I am pretty happy with how she came out though.  I hope you like her as well.   Have a super weekend everyone and I will talk at you later. 
Hugs, Lisa G

Supplies:
stamp-CC Syren-TGF
Moon Shadow Mist-Bluebeard Blue Violet-Lindy's Stamp Gang
Starburst Spray-Wake Me Up Before you go Gold & Breakfast Club Blue-Lindy's Stamp Gang
confetti pak-Crafters Square, crocheted doilie, shells & burlap place matt-The Dollar Tree
Copic Markers:
skin-E50-E51-R20
hair-E15-YR23-Y32-Y15
eyes-YG97-YG95-YG93

14 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Just GORGEOUS!!~

Amy said...

Gorgeous art piece Lisa, the sequins and glitter may have been a PITA but it was worth it...it looks amazing! I love all your ocean details of sea shells, netting, and coral reef they are so clever and really an awesome touch!
Sorry you didn't get to swim yesterday, it got windy here too but we don't get the dust storms like you must. It's actually fun to swim when it's really windy then you get to ride the choppy waves it creates in the lake!
Hope your Friday goes fast!

Mercy's Pages said...

WOW!! Beautiful card and that tail is amazing. That is a real show stopper. :) Mercy

My Dollies 3 said...

Oh Lisa, she is just gorgeous!!! The tail isperfect, well worth the mess. I just love her. love ya, Mom

Jo said...

ooo i love her scales!

Danni said...

Totally, totally love how you did her tail!! Genius!! This is amazing!

Amanda R said...

Well I think you should reconsider using glitter and such cause her tail is amazing! I never thought to do that but I am definitely stealing your idea next time I do a mermaid!

Angela said...

Lisa, this is so beautiful girl. You did such an amazing job on this and what creativity you have. Love this and all the details you added. Hopefully you got to swim today and you didn't have high wings to stop your fun.
Hugs:)
Angela

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful and good luck in my candy
Hugs Kate xx

Kit said...

Great card, love the sequins they add a nice touch to it

Patty Sue 2 said...

Truly beautiful!I love the sequins.

Sugar Cards said...

omg so pretty!!! no other words! i cant stop looking at your mermaid!

Leanne said...

This is fantastic Lisa!! It's always awesome to see your creations. Love that you changed it up a bit from a card. She's gorgeous with that sequined tail. I love how you did her eyes. This is awesome!! Hugs,

Tasha said...

WOW WOW WOW how amazing is this card! Oh my those scales are awesome - love this Lisa what a fabulous design. The shells and the netting are fantastic details - brilliant work
love tasha xx