Followers

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hey Pumpkin II...

Don't forget to leave a comment for some Halloween Candy HERE!




Good Morning!
     Yay it is Tuesday!  lol... Not that there is anything different going on around here for this Tuesday, Well there is the small little fact that it is OCTOBER 1st,  but other than that we just don't seem to get very happy for poor old Tuesday.  lmbo...  :O)
     So, as you can see I didn't manage to get my card posted last night as I was too busy after work paying bills and grocery shopping.  :O(  Uggg ,  that means getting home after 8:30PM and helping the M&Ms to put it all away.  Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful to have the money to buy those groceries, it just that I would love to be a stay at home wife that can get that sort of thing done on my time not after work and so late into what should be a sit down together for dinner time of day.
     Anyway, as I do have to work today let me get to my card.  This one was made from one of those $1 stamps that aren't photopolymer.  Yes, I am a stamp snob!!!  There I said it.  So as I said it was just a very cute pumpkin stamp and I would say it took me using my file and eraser about 10 times before I even got a half way decent stamp out of it.  I even threw it in the trash and then decided that I really did want  to make this card.  So, without further fuss here it is. I really do like how it turner out. 
     On a little side note, the kraft piece behind that little pumpkin is one of those kraft chipboard pieces that have embossing on them that you can use ink on to get the resist effect. It is from a Christmas pack that I forgot I had bought from Big Lots for $1 months ago.  This one didn't have any words on it, and I love how using the two different brands of Kraft cardstock worked so well with the whole design. 
     Gotta run!  Have a great day and I will talk at you all later.
Hugs, Lisa G



Notice something missing? Yep, that's right I didn't use one enamel dot on this whole card!  :O)  I know, right?








 
Supplies:
stamps-Hey Pumpkin-SSS & Pumpkin-HOTP
cs-Neena Classic Crest Solar White & Desert Storm, Kraft-HeroArts
hemp-lawn trimmings-LF
Washi Tape-doodlebug design inc
computer font-GillesGotDLig @22
chipboard sticker-Believe-MM
inks-Tuxedo Black-Momento & fluid chalk-Chestnut Roan-ColorBox
Copic Markers:
pumpkin-YR07-YR04-Y38-Y17
leaves-G28-G24

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa, I love how your pumpkin turned out. Just the perfect colors too! Too bad we don't have Big Lots in Canada or should I say lucky?

Chrissy said...

Super card Lisa. love the pumpkin and fabulous colours on your card.I DO miss the enamel gems, but will get over it..lol..and Tuesday is a good day...it is one day ahead of Wednesday and that is one day closer to the weekend.YAY!!

Luv CHRISSYxx

Denice said...

OMG, such a sweet sentiment and fabulous coloring...the Kraft is perfect on this card!
:Dxx

Tress said...

A fabulous fall card! Love the use of the Kraft...both cardstock and tag!

Berina RGA said...

lovely!! sentiment is nice :) beautiful colors.. totally awesome!!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Amanda R said...

Okay, I have to say I LOVE this card, multiple stamps attempts or not, it was worth it! That chipboard looks awesome with just the little touch of glimmer and your pumpkins look great, nice touch of shading. Wonderful inside and out!

Amy said...

Yea, the cheap acrylic stamps can give me fits too, I'm glad you were finally able to get a good image from this one because your card is fantastic! Beautiful coloring of that pumpkin and I love the sentiment on the inside! :)

Artist said...

thanks for showing us what copics you used

mousekemom said...

Love the coloring on the pumpkin, Lisa!