Followers

Monday, April 4, 2011

FIRST FARM FRESH CHALLENGE-ALL THINGS NEW...




I'm sure by now that everyone knows about TGF's new challenge blog. Their first challenge is 'All things new' as in try something that you usually don't or have never done. So, I tried my hand at heat embossing. Ggggrrr... That is going to have to wait until a much later date. lol...All I have is some white ink and clear embossing powder and I have to admit that I really don't know what I am doing as nothing turn out in any way good at all.... What to try next? Well, I really haven't done much in the way of paper piecing stamped images and I usually put some kind of flower or ribbon on my cards and usually the cards tend to be feminine. Ok, shouldn't be too hard- 1. No ribbon (X) 2. No flowers (X) 3. No Copics other than for skin or hair (X) 4. Masculine (X). I have to admit....I loved how it turned out. I wanted to post this first as I have someone I want to give it to today and I really like having my cards in front of me when I am typing about them. I know it's got to be OCD or something like that. Right? hehee Oh Well! I can live with that
I love, love how his sweater turned out and oh yeah, I did color his pants with Copics, but that was because I wanted them to be corduroys.
It was really fun and I have already made a second card with the paper piecing technique. (Never ever thought that I would like to do that. lol
Well guys I hope you all have a great start to your week. I will talk to you later.
Hugs, Lisa G
Supplies:
stamps-Cafe' Ian & sentiment from Creepin/Creeper Crew Collection1-TGF CC Design's Autumn stamp set by AmyR- ATS
cs-Not Quite Navy-Stampin Up
dp-Stella & Rose-Hattie paper pad-MME
stamped on Neenah classic crest solar white with Memento tuxedo black ink
embossing folder-Cuttlebug-Argyle-PC
buttons-BasicGray
Spellbinders-Nestabilities-labels eleven
fluid chalk-chestnut roan-ColorBox
Copic Markers
skin-E000-E00-E11-R20
hair-E37-E35-E33-E30
pants-B39-B97-0
shoes-E49

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Lisa, you did an amazing job letting the challenge of 'firsts' lead you into creating this fantastic guy card! The paper piecing and buttons all work perfectly with cutie Ian and those yumm-o MME papers... LOVE it! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET Lisa!!~

My Dollies 3 said...

I see what you mean about enlarging the picture. The sweater looks like a real sweater. I just love this card it's very masculine but cute. love ya, Mom