Followers

Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Easter...




Good morning all.  Today I want to share my last Easter card for this year. lol....  This card started out as the card I wanted to make for the FFF - 'That's Distressing' challenge from the Greeting Farm Fresh challenge blog.   I wanted to use my Heidi Swapp edge distresser so I pulled out this kraft card stock and I also used my Chestnut Roan fluid ink to help make this little lady look like a somewhat Country Easter meets Chic. lol..  To go with that theme I thought that Syren 's pretty head and wonderful hair would look just adorable with Sasha's outfit with her books.   I don't know, I guess I was in a funky mood this weekend as my cards kind of did just what they wanted to do.  I also tried out a new flower technique that my friend Cindy used on one of her cards last week that she shared on her fab blog. You have to check out Cindy's blog.  She is so talented and you will love her ideas.  She got the idea for making these flowers  here.  This flower  was super easy , fast and very fun to make.  The best part is you can put it in an envelope and stack books on it and that flower just isn't going to get mushed.  lol...  
Ok,  I am going to hit the road.  Last day of work for the week.  Yay!  I have two whole days off and I am hoping to get my Spellbinders storage book made.   I hope that I can share it with you all come Monday or Tuesday.  :O)   Have a great weekend and I will talk at you later. 
Hugs, Lisa G
Supplies:
stamps-Syren & Sasha-TGF & CC Designs-AmyR sentiment-ATS
stamped on Neenah with Momento Tuxedo black
cs-kraft-the Paper Studio
dp-Country Estate-Webster's Pages
Mulberry Paper from my stash
sheer ribbon-details & Accessories
pearls-e.line-Prima
Spellbinders-Nestabilities-labels seventeen
fluid chalk-chestnut roan-ColorBox
Copic Markers:
skin-E50-E51-E53-R20
hair-E79-E77-E74-E71
eyes-YG95-YH93
dress & Boots-BG0000-BG000-BG01-YG95-YG93-W2-W0

2 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET SWEET, I LOVE her!!~

Amy said...

OMGoodness Lisa, you've blown me away with this super cool altering combo...LOVE her and your card!
That flower looks really cool too, thanks for the link!
Enjoy your days off and have a wonderful Easter! :)